- Rated Redskins Radio: Bruce Allen and Head Trainer Larry Hess Fired, Ron Rivera Hired
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Cowboys vs Redskins Week 17
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 16
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 15
- Redskins Closing in on Top Five Draft Pick Status
- Derrius Guice Sprains MCL, Redskins Place him on Injured Reserve
Redskins Rookie Tevin Mitchel Out for Season With Torn Labrum
- Updated: August 3, 2015
Tevin Mitchel Out for Season With Torn Labrum
Gruden said rookie CB Tevin Mitchel's shoulder surgery will likely keep him out for the entire season.
— #SkinsCamp (@Redskins) August 3, 2015
Gruden says CB Tevin Mitchel is "most likely" out for the year.
— John Keim (@john_keim) August 3, 2015
Gruden said Mitchel’s shoulder injury will require surgery that will likely end his 2015 season before it begins. Gruden wasn’t sure if the procedure would take place in Richmond or back closer to Redskins Park.
Mitchel injured his other labrum while playing at Arkansas. That injury cost him a portion of his college playing days, and likely a round or two in the draft process.
The injury leaves the Redskins lacking in depth, rookies Justin Rogers and Kyshoen Jarrett will likely get more chances. The Redskins already lost second-year cornerback Bashaud Breeland for four to six weeks with a sprained MCL this past weekend.
Mitchel will be placed on injured reserve, which will open another roster spot up on the 90-man list for the Redskins.