- An Inside Look at the Daily Show’s “Redskins Experience”
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 9-30-2014
- Redskins Re-Sign Corner Richard Crawford; Sign Safety Jamarca Sanford
- Redskins Notes & Quotes 9-28-2014
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 9-25-2014
- Redskins Promote NT Robert Thomas From Practice Squad to Active Roster
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 4
- Chris Paul’s Redskins Remix Week 4: First Ladies of Football (VIDEO)
- Chris Baker Will not be Suspended After hit on Foles Ruled Legal
- Redskins Injury Report Week 4
Redskins Trade Back, Get Trent Murphy, Morgan Moses & Spencer Long on Day 2
- Updated: May 9, 2014
Redskins Trade Back, Draft LB and 2 Lineman
The Washington Redskins did the unthinkable on Friday night when they found a trade partner in Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys. The deal netted the Redskins the 47th pick (2nd round) and the 78th pick (3rd round) in exchange for the 34th pick.
The trade allowed Washington to add an edge rusher in Trent Murphy (6-5, 250) from Stanford with pick 47, Murphy led ALL of college football in sacks a year ago with 15. Murphy is a high-motor player who can play outside linebacker as well as defensive end and gives the Redskins some insurance in case they cannot re-sign either Brian Orakpo or Ryan Kerrigan in the future.
The Redskins used the 66th pick (their 2nd rounder) on University of Virginia tackle Morgan Moses (6-6, 314). Moses is a mountain of a man and looks to be the long-sought after right tackle that Washington has coveted, not sure if he will start year one but I’m thinking he gets his chance to beat out Tyler Polumbus in camp.
The Redskins used the extra pick they obtained in the Dallas trade by drafting University of Nebraska guard Spencer Long (6-5, 320). Long is a big, tough, physical, ornery blocker with starter-quality positional traits and intangible qualities. Is best in a phone booth, where he excels as a run and pass blocker, and is smart and savvy enough to contribute outside in emergency situations.