- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects LB Ryan Anderson at Pick 49
- Washington Redskins RB Matt Jones on Trading Block
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Jonathan Allen at Pick 17
Injuries Keep Jordan Reed & Chris Thompson out of Rookie Camp
- Updated: May 5, 2013
Newly drafted players Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson both were held out of the Redskins rookie camp this weekend due to them still recovering from previous injuries.
Mike Shanahan had this to say about the two players and their injuries.
“Take a look at Thompson. It’s six months since he had the ACL [injury]. He’ll be full-go according to the doctors by the time we open camp. It’ll be right at eight months, which is great. He’s working out now. Doctors say the ACL is looking great. He’s working out right now. You can see him run. I’m very impressed. He’s a guy that we think can help us. He’s got big play capabilities and a guy that we had ranked very high. I believe if he didn’t have that injury, he would have been a first-round, second-round draft choice. That’s how we had him ranked. Hopefully he can get healthy”
“When you take a look at Reed, he had a little bit of a pull with a quad, a little bit of soreness in the knee because of the quad. We’ll see. We’re going to put him through a little bit of rehab and hopefully he’ll be able to go in a couple of weeks. We just don’t want to push him too hard because it’s a little bit sore right now. He hasn’t done anything in about two-and-a-half, three weeks. But our key is to get him them ready for the season and both guys will be, I think, more than ready.”
Hopefully they will both be ready to go by the time OTA’s start back up at the end of this month, the next OTA’s sessions will be held May 22-23.