- Redskins Preseason Opponents Announced (2014)
- Redskins Agree to Deal With DeSean Jackson
- Redskins Sign Safety Ryan Clark
- Brian Orakpo Signs Redskins Franchise Tender
- Letter From Dan Snyder: Formation of Original Americans Foundation
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (2nd Edition)
- RGIII: “I Think it’s Safe to say I Won’t be Wearing the Brace”
- Redskins Re-Sign Brandon Meriweather
- Doc Walker Performs Rivalry Baptism on Jason Hatcher (Video)
- Redskins Release Center Will Montgomery
Robert Griffin III Cleared for Practice
- Updated: July 22, 2013
The biggest question mark for the Washington Redskins heading into the 2013-14 NFL season was answered on twitter Monday morning.
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III tweeted that he has been cleared for practice by his doctors and Coach Mike Shanahan will “ease” him into things.
Doctors cleared me to practice. Coach is going to ease me in. Thank you for your support & See you in Richmond
— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) July 22, 2013
It’s the good news Griffin, the Redskins and fans had hoped to hear from Dr. James Andrews and the team’s medical staff. Griffin, who was married July 6, returned from his honeymoon last week and was examined in Ashburn on Monday.
Players are scheduled to report to Richmond on Wednesday and practice Thursday.
In March, Dr. Andrews told reporters that Griffin’s recovery has been “unbelievable.”
“RG III is one those super-humans. First patient I ever had like that was Bo Jackson. And recently I, of course, had Adrian Peterson, who is also superhuman. They have an unbelievable ability to recover, where as a normal human being may not be able to recover,” he said.
Some uncertainty may come from Griffin’s tweet with the word “ease” involved. What that basically means is expect RG3 to be throwing and practicing on Thursday but don’t expect a full workload for the second year superstar to start with, meaning he may miss a practice or two here and there when camp opens.
If Griffin starts Sept. 9 against the Eagles on Monday Night Football, it will mark exactly nine months to the day since Andrews performed surgery on the ACL, LCL and had the meniscus repaired, as well in his right knee.
Click here for the best deals on the internet on Washington Redskins tickets.