- Concern Grows on Brian Orakpo’s Pectoral Muscle Injury, MRI set for Monday
- Colt McCoy Replaces Kirk Cousins, Sparks Redskins win Over Titans
- Redskins Inactive List for Week 7
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Titans Week 7
- Redskins Activate Stephen Bowen; Place Akeem Jordan on Injured Reserve
- Santana Moss Gets Beautiful Native American Tattoos on his Legs
- Over 100 Alumni to Attend Sunday’s Game as Mark Rypien Goes in the “Ring of Fame”
- Redskins Radio Station Files Legal Objection to FCC Complaints
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 10-17-2014
- Chris Baker Fined $10,000 for Pulling off Carson Palmer’s Helmet by Facemask
RG3 had the top Selling Jersey of All-Time in 2012-13
- Updated: April 9, 2013
Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III not only ended the year with the best selling jersey in the league, more of his No. 10 jerseys were sold in the NFL this fiscal year than any jersey in league history.
Exact sales numbers on NFLShop.com from April 1, 2012 to March 1, 2013, were not revealed by the NFL.
New Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning came in second in jersey sales and sold the third most in a single year, undoubtedly boosted by the league’s new Nike apparel deal. Brett Favre’s Minnesota Vikings (2009) and New York Jets jerseys (2008) are the second and fourth best-selling jerseys in a single season.
We first reported this story back in December, but at that time had no idea of whether or not RG3 would be able to hold onto the claim of having the top sold jersey in NFL history or not.
RG3 is in the middle of one of the most media covered injury comebacks to date after injuring his knee last year, and his main sponsor, Adidas, is using him as their poster boy this year for their “All in for Week one” campaign.
Incoming search terms:
- RG3 jersy best selling jersy of all time