- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Bills Preseason Week 3
- Redskins Acquire Center Bryan Stork Via Trade With Patriots
- Rashad Ross Continues His Fight for Roster Spot
- Preseason Week 2 Observations Redskins vs Jets
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Jets Preseason Week 2
- Redskins End Richmond Camp With Fun And Shenanigans
- Preseason Week 1 Observations Redskins vs Falcons
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Falcons Preseason Week 1
- Redskins Will Induct Bobby Beathard Into Ring of Fame
- Redskins Press Conference: Jay Gruden 7-29-2016
RGIII Voted Redskins Ed Block Courage Award Recipient
- Updated: January 7, 2014
Ed Block Courage Award
Robert Griffin III has been named the Redskins 2013 Ed Block Courage Award recipient as voted on by his teammates, the Washington Redskins announced Tuesday afternoon.
The honor is given at the end of each season to a player on each of the league’s 32 teams for showing extraordinary courage in the face of adversity. The award is named for Ed Block, the longtime head athletic trainer of the Baltimore Colts.
Griffin returned to being the Redskins starting quarterback in week one this season after only eight months of rehab following ACL and LCL surgery in his right knee last January.
Robert Griffin III had this to say via statement:
It’s an honor to be selected by my teammates to receive this award. I received a tremendous amount of support throughout the rehab process from my teammates, the doctors, the trainers and everyone involved in the organization.
This award is not only a testament to how hard I worked to return, but also a testament to the support system I’ve had around me for the last 12 months. I’m grateful for their hard work and support and look forward to preparing for the 2014 season.