- Daily Recap: Redskins O-Line Had 4th Fewest Sacks in 2016; Robert Kelley has Minor Knee Surgery
- Redskins Set to Hire Kevin O’Connell as Team’s New Quarterback Coach
- Ryan Kerrigan Undergoes Elbow Surgery Faces 6-8 Week Recovery Time
- Daily Recap: Supreme Court Hears Case Similar to Redskins Trademark; Could Leonard Fournette Slip to the ‘Skins at 17?
- 3 of 4 Redskins Selected to Pro Bowl Will Not Attend
- Daily Recap: Redskins Not Locked Into 3-4 Scheme In Coaching Search; Ultimate Fan Letter Pushes for Jacoby Enshrinement
- Ryan Kerrigan & Trent Williams Named To All-NFC Team By PFWA
- Daily Recap: Redskins Scouting Departments Well Represented at First Shrine Practice; New Names Added To Defensive Coach Search
- Redskins Will Look At In-House Options to Replace Sean McVay
- Proposal for RFK Stadium Campus Includes Possible new Redskins Stadium
RGIII Voted Redskins Ed Block Courage Award Recipient
- Updated: January 7, 2014
Ed Block Courage Award
Robert Griffin III has been named the Redskins 2013 Ed Block Courage Award recipient as voted on by his teammates, the Washington Redskins announced Tuesday afternoon.
The honor is given at the end of each season to a player on each of the league’s 32 teams for showing extraordinary courage in the face of adversity. The award is named for Ed Block, the longtime head athletic trainer of the Baltimore Colts.
Griffin returned to being the Redskins starting quarterback in week one this season after only eight months of rehab following ACL and LCL surgery in his right knee last January.
Robert Griffin III had this to say via statement:
It’s an honor to be selected by my teammates to receive this award. I received a tremendous amount of support throughout the rehab process from my teammates, the doctors, the trainers and everyone involved in the organization.
This award is not only a testament to how hard I worked to return, but also a testament to the support system I’ve had around me for the last 12 months. I’m grateful for their hard work and support and look forward to preparing for the 2014 season.