- Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
- Members of the Navajo Code Talkers Association Honored by Redskins
- Joe Jacoby Named Semifinalist for the 2014 Hall of Fame Class
- Leonard Hankerson Has LCL/ACL Surgery
- Injury Report: Redskins vs Eagles; Hall Will Play, Bowen is Questionable
- Redskins Promote Nick Williams to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Jordan Reed Breaks Redskins Rookie Records, on Pace to set NFL Records for Rookie TE’s
ESPN to Debut RGIII Film
- Updated: August 8, 2013
RGIII Film to Debut on ESPN
Robert Griffin III has been everywhere this offseason and the media has been right behind his every step.
So it should come as no surprise that ESPN and NFL Films have been working on an hour long feature titled “RGIII- The Will to Win”, on Griffin that will debut on August 27th at 7:00 pm (est).
RG3 is listed as an executive producer for the film. Two NFL Films vets Steve Trout and Jay Jackson, are the co-directors of the documentary, which is presented in six “acts” and has been in film production for months.
The film will focus on Griffin’s rookie year, his injury and his many off the field happenings as well as his second training camp with the Washington Redskins. RGIII actually wore a self cam in some parts of the film.
“I just want people to see me as me. Not everybody gets an inside look at who you are as a person. Yeah, I’m RGIII; I’m the Washington Redskins quarterback. But sometimes you need to know why people do what they do. I’m looking forward to putting it out there so people can know who I am,” said Robert Griffin III.
“ESPN constantly looks for new and unique content to present to fans across our various platforms, and “RGIII: The Will to Win” certainly fits that criteria,” said Julie Sobieski, ESPN vice president of programming and acquisitions. “The film spotlights one of the NFL’s rising stars and most engaging personalities, while providing an inside look at Robert Griffin III’s offseason recovery from knee surgery, one of the biggest storylines entering the 2013 season.”
“At Gatorade we believe that athletic performance is driven from the inside out and Robert is an amazing example of that, both on and off the field,” said Morgan Flatley, Gatorade Vice President of Marketing. “We’re looking forward to sharing Robert’s journey through “RGIII: The Will to Win” with not only his fans but athletes everywhere.”
Encore presentations of “RGIII: The Will to Win” will air on ESPN2 beginning Saturday, Aug. 31, at 9 a.m. and within the ESPN Sports Saturday block on ABC (Aug. 31, 2 p.m.).
In addition to the one-hour special, excerpts from the film will air on SportsCenter, NFL Live, Monday Night Countdown and other programs, including during halftime of the Monday Night Football preseason game on Aug. 19 (Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Redskins) and in the lead-up to ESPN’s regular season MNF opener on Sept. 9 when Griffin hopes to return to the Redskins’ lineup against the NFC East division rival Philadelphia Eagles (7 p.m.).
Below is a short RGIII “Beat-Box Remix” (preview) that was released by Gatorade yesterday…enjoy.
Incoming search terms:
- rg3 movie
- rg 3
- rg3 film
- rg3 will to win 30 for 30 debut
- rg3 espn special will to win
- rg3 movie espn
- rg3 in box form
- rg3 espn special
- rg3 gatorade movie
- rg3 will to win full movie