- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects LB Ryan Anderson at Pick 49
- Washington Redskins RB Matt Jones on Trading Block
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Jonathan Allen at Pick 17
- Washington Redskins Announce 2017 Preseason Opponents
RGIII: “Without a Doubt I’ll be Ready for the Start of Camp”
- Updated: June 6, 2013
Quarterback Robert Griffin III said Thursday “without a doubt” that he expects to be fully recovered from knee surgery and in uniform when the Washington Redskins open training camp on July 25 in Richmond.
“One, it’s a mindset and then two, it’s how it’s progressed,” RGIII said of his surgically repaired right knee. “I feel confident in my body and the way it’s been responding. Training camp’s a month and a half away. That’s why I say without a doubt. I think it’s the right target if I’m healthy.”
Coach Mike Shanahan said that Griffin was originally projected to miss seven to nine months. That would mean Griffin wouldn’t return before Aug. 9, the day after Washington opens its preseason schedule against Tennessee.
“I don’t think anybody knows for sure, (but) I like that goal,” Shanahan said of RGIII being ready for camp. “You want him to come back as soon as he’s ready to go, but the doctor’s gotta OK him.”
The Redskins went through four straight days of organized team activities (OTAs) for the first time this offseason this week.
“I felt good today,” Griffin said. “That’s what I’m excited about, to have those four straight days and still feel good with no soreness. Every day you want to feel better and that’s how it’s been. I started throwing on the run a lot more, doing a lot more plant throws out of the play-action. I also bumped up the long-distance running. I’m feeling more comfortable doing everything.”