- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
- Redskins Announce Coaching Staff Changes
- Redskins Re-Sign Veteran Long Snapper Nick Sundberg
- Chris Baker Wants to Return to the Redskins and Retire in Washington
- Daily Recap: Redskins O-Line Had 4th Fewest Sacks in 2016; Robert Kelley has Minor Knee Surgery
RGIII: “Without a Doubt I’ll be Ready for the Start of Camp”
- Updated: June 6, 2013
Quarterback Robert Griffin III said Thursday “without a doubt” that he expects to be fully recovered from knee surgery and in uniform when the Washington Redskins open training camp on July 25 in Richmond.
“One, it’s a mindset and then two, it’s how it’s progressed,” RGIII said of his surgically repaired right knee. “I feel confident in my body and the way it’s been responding. Training camp’s a month and a half away. That’s why I say without a doubt. I think it’s the right target if I’m healthy.”
Coach Mike Shanahan said that Griffin was originally projected to miss seven to nine months. That would mean Griffin wouldn’t return before Aug. 9, the day after Washington opens its preseason schedule against Tennessee.
“I don’t think anybody knows for sure, (but) I like that goal,” Shanahan said of RGIII being ready for camp. “You want him to come back as soon as he’s ready to go, but the doctor’s gotta OK him.”
The Redskins went through four straight days of organized team activities (OTAs) for the first time this offseason this week.
“I felt good today,” Griffin said. “That’s what I’m excited about, to have those four straight days and still feel good with no soreness. Every day you want to feel better and that’s how it’s been. I started throwing on the run a lot more, doing a lot more plant throws out of the play-action. I also bumped up the long-distance running. I’m feeling more comfortable doing everything.”