- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Lions Week 7
- Week 6 Observations Redskins vs Eagles
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 6
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Ravens Week 5
- VIDEO: Redskins CB Josh Norman E60 Feature (FULL)
- Redskins Press Conferences: Sean McVay 10-7-2016
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Browns Week 4
- Jay Gruden Says He Doesn’t Know What a Catch is Anymore
- Redskins Enter Matchup With Browns Needing to Find Consistency
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 3
RGIII: “Without a Doubt I’ll be Ready for the Start of Camp”
- Updated: June 6, 2013
Quarterback Robert Griffin III said Thursday “without a doubt” that he expects to be fully recovered from knee surgery and in uniform when the Washington Redskins open training camp on July 25 in Richmond.
“One, it’s a mindset and then two, it’s how it’s progressed,” RGIII said of his surgically repaired right knee. “I feel confident in my body and the way it’s been responding. Training camp’s a month and a half away. That’s why I say without a doubt. I think it’s the right target if I’m healthy.”
Coach Mike Shanahan said that Griffin was originally projected to miss seven to nine months. That would mean Griffin wouldn’t return before Aug. 9, the day after Washington opens its preseason schedule against Tennessee.
“I don’t think anybody knows for sure, (but) I like that goal,” Shanahan said of RGIII being ready for camp. “You want him to come back as soon as he’s ready to go, but the doctor’s gotta OK him.”
The Redskins went through four straight days of organized team activities (OTAs) for the first time this offseason this week.
“I felt good today,” Griffin said. “That’s what I’m excited about, to have those four straight days and still feel good with no soreness. Every day you want to feel better and that’s how it’s been. I started throwing on the run a lot more, doing a lot more plant throws out of the play-action. I also bumped up the long-distance running. I’m feeling more comfortable doing everything.”