- Ryan Kerrigan has Knee Procedure, Will Miss Some Time
- Redskins Add Six Players, Release Five
- Redskins Sign Five Tryout Players
- REPORT: Redskins Will Not Re-Sign Santana Moss
- 2015 Redskins Roster – Offensive Line
- Redskins Agree to Terms With Nine Drafted Players
- Redskins Start Process of Signing Drafted Players
- 2015 Redskins Draft Class: Assigned Numbers
RGIII: “I Think it’s Safe to say I Won’t be Wearing the Brace”
- Updated: March 19, 2014
As he stated last year, Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III intends to not wear the bulky brace that many, including some of his teammates, believe hurt his running speed and agility a season ago while he was recovering from major knee surgery.
RG3 recently confirmed his decision with CSN Washington.com’s Tarik-El Bashir.
When asked about the brace, Griffin said “I took it off the year after [ACL surgery] at Baylor [in 2009. Me, Larry Hess, Dr. Andrews, Dr. Casolaro, Dr. Annunziata, we’ll all sit down and figure it out. But, I think it’s safe to say I won’t be wearing the brace.”
One of the biggest debates amongst analyst’s and fans of last season was did the knee brace hold him back or was he still hurt?
How much better will Griffin be in 2014? That’s a question we will have to wait until fall to answer, but lets just say I’m expecting a big third year out of him.