- DeAngelo Hall Agrees to Restructure Contract With Washington Redskins
- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects LB Ryan Anderson at Pick 49
- Washington Redskins RB Matt Jones on Trading Block
RGIII: “I Think it’s Safe to say I Won’t be Wearing the Brace”
- Updated: March 19, 2014
As he stated last year, Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III intends to not wear the bulky brace that many, including some of his teammates, believe hurt his running speed and agility a season ago while he was recovering from major knee surgery.
RG3 recently confirmed his decision with CSN Washington.com’s Tarik-El Bashir.
When asked about the brace, Griffin said “I took it off the year after [ACL surgery] at Baylor [in 2009. Me, Larry Hess, Dr. Andrews, Dr. Casolaro, Dr. Annunziata, we’ll all sit down and figure it out. But, I think it’s safe to say I won’t be wearing the brace.”
One of the biggest debates amongst analyst’s and fans of last season was did the knee brace hold him back or was he still hurt?
How much better will Griffin be in 2014? That’s a question we will have to wait until fall to answer, but lets just say I’m expecting a big third year out of him.