- 2016 Redskins are Ready to Prove Naysayers Wrong
- Redskins Hire First Female Head Physician in NFL History
- Redskins Sign Last Draft Pick CB Kendall Fuller; Sign WR Jarvis Turner
- Redskins Release Training Camp Schedule; Will Begin July 28, 2016
- Redskins Rookie WR Josh Doctson Q & A Interview (VIDEO)
- Jordan Reed Named Number 77, “NFL Top 100 of 2016” (VIDEO)
- Redskins Sign six of Seven Draft Picks
- Redskins Weekly News Roundup 5-10-2016
- Welcome to DC – 2016 Redskins Draft Class (VIDEO)
- Redskins Select LB/Safety Su’a Cravens with 53rd Pick
RGIII: “I Think it’s Safe to say I Won’t be Wearing the Brace”
- Updated: March 19, 2014
As he stated last year, Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III intends to not wear the bulky brace that many, including some of his teammates, believe hurt his running speed and agility a season ago while he was recovering from major knee surgery.
RG3 recently confirmed his decision with CSN Washington.com’s Tarik-El Bashir.
When asked about the brace, Griffin said “I took it off the year after [ACL surgery] at Baylor [in 2009. Me, Larry Hess, Dr. Andrews, Dr. Casolaro, Dr. Annunziata, we’ll all sit down and figure it out. But, I think it’s safe to say I won’t be wearing the brace.”
One of the biggest debates amongst analyst’s and fans of last season was did the knee brace hold him back or was he still hurt?
How much better will Griffin be in 2014? That’s a question we will have to wait until fall to answer, but lets just say I’m expecting a big third year out of him.