- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
- Members of the Navajo Code Talkers Association Honored by Redskins
- Joe Jacoby Named Semifinalist for the 2014 Hall of Fame Class
- Leonard Hankerson Has LCL/ACL Surgery
- Injury Report: Redskins vs Eagles; Hall Will Play, Bowen is Questionable
- Redskins Promote Nick Williams to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Jordan Reed Breaks Redskins Rookie Records, on Pace to set NFL Records for Rookie TE’s
- Chris Thompson Placed On Injured Reserve
Rob Jackson Suspended for First Four Games
- Updated: March 20, 2013
Washington Redskins outside linebacker Rob Jackson has been suspended for the first four games of the 2013-14 season according to Washington Post beat reporter Mike Jones.
Source confirms Rob Jackson has been informed he will miss first 4 games of ’13 for testing positive for banned substance.Jackson appealing
— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) March 20, 2013
According to reports, the suspension is for testing positive for a banned substance. Jackson will be able to participate in the team’s off-season, training camp, and preseason games. Rob Jackson was re-signed just last week to a one year deal, early word is Redskins knew about the suspension before the contract was offered.
The Redskins now face another obstacle at the beginning of next years season. Stud Brian Orakpo is making a comeback from a major injury already and the team lost Lorenzo Alexander to free agency as well, making the depth at linebacker pretty thin.
Jackson is coming off of a career year in which he started 14 out of 16 games and made 37 tackles, 4.5 sacks and four interceptions – one returned for a touchdown – and two forced fumbles.
We will have updates as new information becomes available.
I’m told Jackson’s suspension is related to an unprescribed pain medication. — Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) March 20, 2013
Someone familiar w/ Rob Jackson’s situation said he took an unprescribed pain med to help w/ toothache one day before a random drug test. — Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) March 21, 2013
.. The unprescribed medicine had codeine in it, which resulted in his failed drug test according to this source. Appeals process is ongoing.
— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) March 21, 2013
Incoming search terms:
- is brian orakpo suspended 1st 4 games
- brian orakpo suspended first 4 games
- brian orakpo suspended for tr first 4 games
- Jackson suspended for the first four games