- With Perry Riley not Signed The Redskins have 2 Glaring Holes at ILB
- Redskins Cut 5 Players Including Adam Carriker and Sav Rocca
- Redskins use Franchise tag on Brian Orakpo
- Trial Date Set for Other Suspect in Death of Sean Taylor
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 2014 NFL Combine
- Redskins re-sign DeAngelo Hall to Four-Year Deal
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (1st Edition)
- Eric Rivera Sentenced to 57 Years in Prison for Killing Sean Taylor
- Redskins Coaching Staff Taking Shape
- Alfred Morris is Going to the Pro Bowl
Sean McVay Will be the new Redskins Offensive Coordinator
- Updated: January 14, 2014
McVay, according to his agent, Bob LaMonte (who also represents Gruden), signed his new contract today at Redskins Park. McVay, who was the Redskins’ tight ends coach for the past three seasons, turns 28 on January 24th. But players have praised him the past couple seasons because of his knowledge of the offense and for the way he relates to players. McVay coached with Gruden for one season in Tampa Bay, and one in the United Football League. It was clear that general manager Bruce Allen was going to keep McVay as a member of the staff no matter who the coach was.
Jay Gruden has already been asked, and he indeed will be calling the plays, so McVay’s primary task should be to mostly help formulate the game plan and run meetings when Gruden is unavailable.
Former Redskins tight end Chris Cooley played one and a half seasons under McVay and had this to say:
He had the highest understanding of an offense of any position coach I’ve ever been around. We’d go back and forth in meetings on scheme, why and how. There was always an answer. I love that in a coach.
Two years ago I said if anyone becomes a head coach on this staff it would be Sean McVay.
Redskins guard Kory Lichtensteiger had this to say about McVay:
The relationships he has with players and what he gets out of a player with both effort and production on the field by not being a screamer. He’s a guy you can relate to. He has a lot of shared characteristics with hard-working players. Players can see if a guy knows what he’s talking about and he goes about it the right way getting that type of effort out of his players.
Incoming search terms:
- chris cooley endorsement of mcvay video
- redskins news
- sean mcvay