- John Madden Says the Benching of Robert Griffin III is “Baloney”
- Mike Shanahan’s Press Conference Today was Interesting to say the Least
- Redskins Officially Shutdown RGIII for the Rest of the 2013 Season
- Redskins Promote Jawan Jamison to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Redskins Moving Forward: Who Stays, Who Goes?
- Evan Royster Placed On Injured Reserve
- Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
Trial of Sean Taylor’s Killers Delayed….AGAIN
- Updated: August 8, 2013
The trial of the alleged gunman in the killing of Redskins star Sean Taylor has been postponed yet again.
The case had been last scheduled to begin Aug. 12 in Miami-Dade Circuit Court, Eric Rivera’s trial has been rescheduled for Sept. 16, according to court records.
That’s the newest in the 5 year-long series of delays that have seen ten trial dates come and go since the first trial was scheduled for April 7, 2008. None of the four men charged in Taylor’s November 2007 killing has been tried. The fifth defendant, Venjah Hunte, accepted a plea agreement to testify against the others in exchange for a 29-year sentence…YEARS ago.
Sean Taylor was brutally gunned down in his own home while trying to protect his young child and girlfriend nearly six years ago. One has to wonder just what the hold up is in moving forward. Taylor’s family has never gotten closure from the whole ordeal and there still has been no justice for Sean Taylor what so ever. The main fear that many have is the thought of the state of Florida handling this case, their track record is horrible to say the least.
It’s hard to believe that we live in a world where court cases find their way to front pages of newspapers and television screens all over the globe, yet no one in the main stream media even talks about how the wheels of justice have stopped rolling forward in this case.
Whatever happened to speedy trials in America? Why has this case taken a backseat to other cases in the media? How can it take five years to convict the defendants when you have witnesses saying they pulled the trigger? Those are questions that the family of Sean Taylor and all of Redskins Nation are asking themselves at the moment and there will never be an answer, just another waiting period that will now stretch into September. Hopefully, this time justice will be served without any further delay and the family of Sean Taylor can finally move forward with their lives.
Incoming search terms:
- justice for sean taylor
- sean taylors killers
- sean taylor robert griffin
- sean taylor pics
- Why has sean taylors murder trial been moved so many times
- sean taylor killers trial
- sean taylor gunned down
- sean taylor trial september
- sean taylor vs titans
- sean taylor gunmen