- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 17
- Redskins Place Trent Murphy on IR, Sign OL Rishaw Johnson
- Redskins Inactive List for Week 16
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 16
- Redskins Press Conferences: Robert Griffin III 12-16-2014
- Redskins Place Colt McCoy on IR; Promote LB Jackson Jeffcoat
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 12-15-2014
- Jay Gruden: “This is Robert’s Team Right now Against the Eagles”
- Santana Moss: “I let my Emotions get the Best of me”
- RGIII: “That’s a Touchdown in Every Game I’ve Ever Seen”
Super Bowl XXVI: Redskins vs Bills
- Updated: April 21, 2013
About Minneapolis, Minnesota: Football fans in Minnesota were looking forward to hosting Super Bowl XXVI after their Vikings missed the playoffs and they would now get to see playoff football in the Metrodome. Residents prepared for months for the biggest sporting even of them all and fans from around the world would tune into watch the Washington Redskins take on the Buffalo Bills in Super Bowl XXVI in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Ticket Sales / Attendance: There were 63130 people in attendance at the 26TH Superbowl game in Minneapolis and it is estimated that another 79.5 million more excited fans watched from home or other football parties around the world while tuning into CBS.
Team Pre-Season Stats: After a heart breaking loss in last years Super Bowl, the Buffalo Bills were anxious to get back to the championship. With the same team still in tact, head coach Marv Levy would count on his veteran offence and defensive stars to lead the team through the year and back to the playoffs.
The Redskins were ready to begin the 1991-92 NFL season with QB Mark Rypien ready to lead them through the season and hopefully a long playoff run. Defensive back Darrell Green and company would also have to help the team from their side of the ball to ensure their success.
Team Roster: The Bills line up looked similar to the previous year including QB Jim Kelly, RB Thurman Thomas, WR Don Beebe, WR James Lofton, TE Pete Metzelaars, OL Bruce Smith, and OL Cornelius Bennett.
The Washington Redskins would start the season with QB Mark Rypien, RB Earnest Byner, WR Gary Clark, TE Terry Orr, DB Darrell Green and DL Charles Mann.
Game Highlights: The Redskins struggled early in the game scoring only 3 points on their first 3 possessions on a 34 yard field goal from Lohmiller. However, they managed to take 17-0 lead into halftime after a 10 yard touchdown reception by Earner Byner and a 1 yard TD run by Gerald Riggs. The Buffalo Bills would have to come back from a 17-0 lead with half of the game to play.
Gerald Riggs started the scoring early in the 3rd quarter with another touchdown run and increasing the Washington lead to 24-0. The touchdown came after an interception on a Jim Kelly pass on the first play of the second half. Buffalo responded with 10 points of their own, but Washington crushed any hope of a comeback with less than two minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter with a 30 touchdown reception by Gary Clark.
Buffalo would add 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, but it would not be enough and Washington would roll to a 37-34 victory. Buffalo would lose a second straight Super Bowl after Jim Kelly was intercepted 4 times. For Washington head coach Joe Gibbs it would be his 3rd Super Bowl victory.
Game MVP: Washington Quarterback Mark Rypien would be named MVP of the 26th Super Bowl after a great performance in the game. He would complete 18 of 32 passes for 292 yards and two touchdowns. His 35 yard pass to Gary Clark in the 3rd quarter would crush any chance of a Buffalo comeback and leading the Redskins to victory.
Half Time Show: The halftime show was presented by Timberline with a theme of Winter Magic. There would be performances by pop star Gloria Estefan along with US Olympic Figure Skaters Brian Boitano and Dorothy Hamill.
Commercials: The average cost of a 30 second commercial was $850000 during the game and there were several great commercials during the game. Some of these commercials included an Advil commercial with Nolan Ryan, Air Jordan from Nike, and of course Bud Bowl IV.
Incoming search terms:
- Super Bowl XXV1 roster Washington Redskins
- Redskins Real life super bowl full gane
- redskins superbowl full game
- redskins vs bills super bowl highlights
- super bowl redskins vs bills
- super bowl bills vs redskins
- sean taylor towel at vs buffalo bills
- redskins vs bills super bowl
- redskins super bowl chicago bears vs buffalo bills
- jim kelly on super bowl against redskins