- Redskins Sign Former Colts Linebacker Chris Carter
- Redskins Clear cap Space by Releasing Ricky Jean Francois
- Terrelle Pryor is Focused on Opportunity to Prove Himself With Redskins
- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
- Redskins Announce Coaching Staff Changes
VIDEO: Super Bowl XXVI: Redskins vs Bills
- Updated: April 21, 2013
Super Bowl XXVI: Redskins vs Bills
Super Bowl XXVI was the 4th Super Bowl appearance and third championship in ten years for the Washington Redskins forever marking them as one of the NFL’s elite teams.
The Redskins were once again led by their monstrous offensive line, along with Mark Rypien and the Posse. The FULL game is below…enjoy (the player may forward you to YouTube)!
Below is a collection of information from the big game.
Ticket Sales / Attendance: There were 63130 people in attendance at the 26TH Superbowl game in Minneapolis and it is estimated that another 79.5 million more excited fans watched from home or other football parties around the world while tuning into CBS.
Team Pre-Season Stats: After a heart breaking loss in last years Super Bowl, the Buffalo Bills were anxious to get back to the championship. With the same team still in tact, head coach Marv Levy would count on his veteran offence and defensive stars to lead the team through the year and back to the playoffs.
The Redskins were ready to begin the 1991-92 NFL season with QB Mark Rypien ready to lead them through the season and hopefully a long playoff run. Defensive back Darrell Green and company would also have to help the team from their side of the ball to ensure their success.
Team Roster: The Bills line up looked similar to the previous year including QB Jim Kelly, RB Thurman Thomas, WR Don Beebe, WR James Lofton, TE Pete Metzelaars, OL Bruce Smith, and OL Cornelius Bennett.
The Washington Redskins would start the season with QB Mark Rypien, RB Earnest Byner, WR Gary Clark, TE Terry Orr, DB Darrell Green and DL Charles Mann.
Game Highlights: The Redskins struggled early in the game scoring only 3 points on their first 3 possessions on a 34 yard field goal from Lohmiller. However, they managed to take 17-0 lead into halftime after a 10 yard touchdown reception by Earner Byner and a 1 yard TD run by Gerald Riggs. The Buffalo Bills would have to come back from a 17-0 lead with half of the game to play.
Gerald Riggs started the scoring early in the 3rd quarter with another touchdown run and increasing the Washington lead to 24-0. The touchdown came after an interception on a Jim Kelly pass on the first play of the second half. Buffalo responded with 10 points of their own, but Washington crushed any hope of a comeback with less than two minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter with a 30 touchdown reception by Gary Clark.
Buffalo would add 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, but it would not be enough and Washington would roll to a 37-34 victory. Buffalo would lose a second straight Super Bowl after Jim Kelly was intercepted 4 times. For Washington head coach Joe Gibbs it would be his 3rd Super Bowl victory.
Game MVP: Washington Quarterback Mark Rypien would be named MVP of the 26th Super Bowl after a great performance in the game. He would complete 18 of 32 passes for 292 yards and two touchdowns. His 35 yard pass to Gary Clark in the 3rd quarter would crush any chance of a Buffalo comeback and leading the Redskins to victory.
Half Time Show: The halftime show was presented by Timberline with a theme of Winter Magic. There would be performances by pop star Gloria Estefan along with US Olympic Figure Skaters Brian Boitano and Dorothy Hamill.
Commercials: The average cost of a 30 second commercial was $850000 during the game and there were several great commercials during the game. Some of these commercials included an Advil commercial with Nolan Ryan, Air Jordan from Nike, and of course Bud Bowl IV.
Incoming search terms:
- super bowl xxvi video
- super bowl xxvi
- Super Bowl XXVI Highlights
- xxvi cvedo
- video redskins vs bills game highlights 12/20
- buffalo vs washington super bowl
- highlights of Super Bowl XXVI
- redskins super bowl videos
- xxvi video