- Redskins Promote Jawan Jamison to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Redskins Moving Forward: Who Stays, Who Goes?
- Evan Royster Placed On Injured Reserve
- Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
- Members of the Navajo Code Talkers Association Honored by Redskins
- Joe Jacoby Named Semifinalist for the 2014 Hall of Fame Class
- Leonard Hankerson Has LCL/ACL Surgery
Tanard Jackson Eyeing Return to Redskins
- Updated: August 22, 2013
Jackson’s Ready to get Back With Redskins
Many Redskins fans have asked us about the status of free safety Tanard Jackson. You may remember that Jackson was indefinitely suspended last year before the beginning of the season due to a violation of the NFL’s drug policy. Jackson was set to be a starter last year for the Redskins, after he was suspended the team had to go with Madieu Williams who did not do well at all. The hole in the secondary that was created by losing Jackson was obvious to point out.
Fact is Tanard Jackson is not eligible to be reinstated until September 3rd, six days before the season kicks off at home against the Eagles. That’s a timeline that puts him well behind other players on the team already including rookie Bacarri Rambo, who has been taking all the reps with the first team defense at free safety.
For Jackson the drug suspension was his third, which is why he was sent home for a year. You might think after leaving the Redskins high and dry that close to the season that the team would be ready to move on from him without regret, that may not be true. Defensive coordinator Jim Haslett was quoted in the offseason saying that Jackson “would be welcomed ‘with open arms’”. That could be a risky decision when you consider that the 28 year-old Jackson, since 2009, has missed more games due to suspensions (36), than he has played in (12).
When you look at Jackon’s productivity (10 interceptions with two touchdowns in only 56 games) you can see potential, and on a team that is looking to rebound from a horrible year in the secondary Jackson could possibly get playing time. The main setback would be you would have to release a player who has been with the team through OTA’s, camp and two cuts to sign a player who hasn’t been a part of team activities in over a year.
Recently CSN Washington caught up with Tanard Jackson and had a sit down interview with him, the video is below. Jackson says he’s ready to get back with the Redskins, his hometown team.
Incoming search terms:
- tanard jackson
- tanard jackson return
- tanard jackson redskins
- when will tanard jackson be in his next game
- what is the status on tanard jackson redskins?
- washington redskins team cuts tanard jackson
- tarnard jackson interview
- tanard jackson news
- tanard jackson interveiw with