- State of the Redskins Roster: Who Stays, Who Goes?
- Washington Redskins Free Agents 2015
- Redskins, Jim Haslett Mutually Agree to Part Ways
- Redskins Opponents Set for 2015
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 17
- Redskins Place Trent Murphy on IR, Sign OL Rishaw Johnson
- Redskins Inactive List for Week 16
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 16
- Redskins Press Conferences: Robert Griffin III 12-16-2014
- Redskins Place Colt McCoy on IR; Promote LB Jackson Jeffcoat
Tanard Jackson Suspended Indefinitely…Again
- Updated: July 9, 2014
Tanard Jackson Suspended Indefinitely
The Washington Redskins posted a message to their twitter account on Wednesday. What it wasn’t, was anything to do with the teams 82nd birthday, which by the way, is today. What it was may not shock many but will infuriate everyone who knows the history behind the player the tweet concerned.
Here is the message:
STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON: pic.twitter.com/S7I0l85LJn
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) July 9, 2014
Now after giving all of you a second to curse at your computer screens, lets look at this situation. Jackson hasn’t played a full season since 2008. He missed the last two seasons because of suspensions, and the Redskins had just brought him back this offseason after he was reinstated. It’s the fourth suspension of Jackson’s career…and likely his last.
Jackson, who is 28 and was once thought of as major prospect, has effectively ruined his football career. Many, including myself, thought he would have a legitimate shot at making the 53-man roster this up-coming season with question marks at the safety position for Washington.
In the end, Tanard Jackson never even put the burgundy and gold on in a regular season game.