- Redskins QB Kirk Cousins Will Play Another Season on the Franchise Tag
- Washington Redskins Showcase Security & Menu Changes at 2017 Taste of FedexField
- Redskins WR Terrelle Pryor is Working Like a Mad-Man This Offseason (Video)
- DeAngelo Hall Agrees to Restructure Contract With Washington Redskins
- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
Tanard Jackson to be Reinstated by NFL on Tuesday
- Updated: May 5, 2014
Tanard Jackson to be Reinstated by NFL
After a two-year ban for what was his third violation of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, the Washington Redskins have been notified that Tanard Jackson is to be reinstated by the NFL on Tuesday. Jackson is still under contract with the Redskins.
The Redskins have been notified by the NFL that suspended S Tanard Jackson will be officially reinstated on Tues, per a league source
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) May 5, 2014
As most Redskins fans may remember, Jackson was signed in the offseason before the 2012 season and was suspended August 31st, just days before the season was to begin. When he was originally signed Jackson was viewed as guy who was coming in to start, now after two years away from the game, nobody knows just what to expect out of him.
If Jackson has stayed in shape, he would essentially be right in the mix of a position battle at safety in Washington. If he does in fact stay on the team I could see him challenging Phillip Thomas for the number two free safety spot, behind Ryan Clark.
UPDATE Tuesday, April 6, 2014 – 5:45 PM
The Redskins terminated the contract of Jackson after the NFL reinstated him.
According to the NFL transactions report, the #Redskins have terminated contract of S Tanard Jackson. Was conditionally reinstated today.
— Tarik El-Bashir (@TarikCSN) May 6, 2014
One person familiar w the situation said not to rule out an eventual return for Jackson, but nothing set in stone.
— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) May 6, 2014