- Redskins Sign Former Colts Linebacker Chris Carter
- Redskins Clear cap Space by Releasing Ricky Jean Francois
- Terrelle Pryor is Focused on Opportunity to Prove Himself With Redskins
- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
- Redskins Announce Coaching Staff Changes
Tanard Jackson to be Reinstated by NFL on Tuesday
- Updated: May 5, 2014
Tanard Jackson to be Reinstated by NFL
After a two-year ban for what was his third violation of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, the Washington Redskins have been notified that Tanard Jackson is to be reinstated by the NFL on Tuesday. Jackson is still under contract with the Redskins.
The Redskins have been notified by the NFL that suspended S Tanard Jackson will be officially reinstated on Tues, per a league source
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) May 5, 2014
As most Redskins fans may remember, Jackson was signed in the offseason before the 2012 season and was suspended August 31st, just days before the season was to begin. When he was originally signed Jackson was viewed as guy who was coming in to start, now after two years away from the game, nobody knows just what to expect out of him.
If Jackson has stayed in shape, he would essentially be right in the mix of a position battle at safety in Washington. If he does in fact stay on the team I could see him challenging Phillip Thomas for the number two free safety spot, behind Ryan Clark.
UPDATE Tuesday, April 6, 2014 – 5:45 PM
The Redskins terminated the contract of Jackson after the NFL reinstated him.
According to the NFL transactions report, the #Redskins have terminated contract of S Tanard Jackson. Was conditionally reinstated today.
— Tarik El-Bashir (@TarikCSN) May 6, 2014
One person familiar w the situation said not to rule out an eventual return for Jackson, but nothing set in stone.
— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) May 6, 2014