- POLL: Should the Washington Redskins Name be Banned From Radio and Television?
- An Inside Look at the Daily Show’s “Redskins Experience”
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 9-30-2014
- Redskins Re-Sign Corner Richard Crawford; Sign Safety Jamarca Sanford
- Redskins Notes & Quotes 9-28-2014
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 9-25-2014
- Redskins Promote NT Robert Thomas From Practice Squad to Active Roster
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 4
- Chris Paul’s Redskins Remix Week 4: First Ladies of Football (VIDEO)
- Chris Baker Will not be Suspended After hit on Foles Ruled Legal
Tanard Jackson to be Reinstated by NFL on Tuesday
- Updated: May 5, 2014
Tanard Jackson to be Reinstated by NFL
After a two-year ban for what was his third violation of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, the Washington Redskins have been notified that Tanard Jackson is to be reinstated by the NFL on Tuesday. Jackson is still under contract with the Redskins.
The Redskins have been notified by the NFL that suspended S Tanard Jackson will be officially reinstated on Tues, per a league source
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) May 5, 2014
As most Redskins fans may remember, Jackson was signed in the offseason before the 2012 season and was suspended August 31st, just days before the season was to begin. When he was originally signed Jackson was viewed as guy who was coming in to start, now after two years away from the game, nobody knows just what to expect out of him.
If Jackson has stayed in shape, he would essentially be right in the mix of a position battle at safety in Washington. If he does in fact stay on the team I could see him challenging Phillip Thomas for the number two free safety spot, behind Ryan Clark.
UPDATE Tuesday, April 6, 2014 – 5:45 PM
The Redskins terminated the contract of Jackson after the NFL reinstated him.
According to the NFL transactions report, the #Redskins have terminated contract of S Tanard Jackson. Was conditionally reinstated today.
— Tarik El-Bashir (@TarikCSN) May 6, 2014
One person familiar w the situation said not to rule out an eventual return for Jackson, but nothing set in stone.
— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) May 6, 2014