- Washington Redskins Training Camp 2014: Players on the Bubble
- Washington Redskins 2014 Video Promo: “Why Not Us”
- Ten Most Important Washington Redskins of 2014
- Forbes ‘Value List’ Ranks the Redskins 9th Most Valuable in the World
- Five Bold Predictions for the 2014 Washington Redskins
- Ryan Kerrigan: I Want to be Consistently Really, Really Good”
- Tanard Jackson Suspended Indefinitely…Again
- Sean McVay on RGIII: “He Looks Explosive”
- Around the NFC East: Media Links Roundup
- Just What Does DeSean Jackson Bring to the Redskins Offense?
After 30 Years, the Hogettes’ Call it Quits
- Updated: January 11, 2013
After thirty long loving years, the group of die-hard fans that dresses up in hog-noses and dresses has disbanded. The groups leader “Boss Hogette” announced via the their website that they intend to retire but continue with their charity work. This is the quote:
“After 30 seasons, the Hogettes® are hanging up our pig snouts & dresses. It has been an honor being a part of the greatest 12th Man fans in the NFL. We will forever be Redskins’ fans and cheer for our beloved team. It is a new era and we will continue to support RG3 and his teammates. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!! We will also continue to help (incognito) raise money for Children’s Charities.”
The Hogettes’ name was inspired by Redskins offensive line coach Joe Bugel in the 1980′s, who referred to his lineman as hogs. Since the 1980′s they have been a staple of every Redskin crowd on Sunday. The disbanding of the Hogettes’ marks the end of an era in Redskins football that many will not soon forget.
Hail to the Hogettes!!