- Washington Redskins Free Agency Preview (2014)
- With Perry Riley not Signed The Redskins have 2 Glaring Holes at ILB
- Redskins Cut 5 Players Including Adam Carriker and Sav Rocca
- Redskins use Franchise tag on Brian Orakpo
- Trial Date Set for Other Suspect in Death of Sean Taylor
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 2014 NFL Combine
- Redskins re-sign DeAngelo Hall to Four-Year Deal
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (1st Edition)
- Eric Rivera Sentenced to 57 Years in Prison for Killing Sean Taylor
- Redskins Coaching Staff Taking Shape
October Date set for Sean Taylor’s Murder Trial
- Updated: September 18, 2013
Nearly six years after the shooting death of star Redskins safety Sean Taylor in his Miami home, a new trial date has been set for the alleged shooter.
After another delay last week (there have been MANY), a October 15 trial date has been set for the alleged shooter in the 2007 murder of the Washington Redskins star safety.
The trial of 23-year-old Eric Rivera Jr. has been delayed numerous times, in part because Rivera has had several different lawyers. The latest September trial date was postponed because of scheduling conflicts and witness availability. The delays have many wondering why exactly Taylor’s killers haven’t seen the inside of a courtroom nearly 6 years since Sean’s death.
Rivera and four others from the Fort Myers area are charged with shooting Taylor in the leg during an attempted robbery of his Florida home in 2007. He underwent surgery to repair damage to his femoral artery, but would eventually succumb to his injuries.
Venjah Hunte, who pleaded guilty to degree murder in 2009, is expected to testify against the defendants. He is currently serving a 29-year prison sentence.
Rivera and the others pleaded not guilty and are being tried separately. Each faces a possible life sentence if convicted.