- Redskins Inactive List for Week 16
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 16
- Redskins Press Conferences: Robert Griffin III 12-16-2014
- Redskins Place Colt McCoy on IR; Promote LB Jackson Jeffcoat
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 12-15-2014
- Jay Gruden: “This is Robert’s Team Right now Against the Eagles”
- Santana Moss: “I let my Emotions get the Best of me”
- RGIII: “That’s a Touchdown in Every Game I’ve Ever Seen”
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 12-12-2014
- Colt McCoy Cleared to Play, Will Start Sunday
October Date set for Sean Taylor’s Murder Trial
- Updated: September 18, 2013
Nearly six years after the shooting death of star Redskins safety Sean Taylor in his Miami home, a new trial date has been set for the alleged shooter.
After another delay last week (there have been MANY), a October 15 trial date has been set for the alleged shooter in the 2007 murder of the Washington Redskins star safety.
The trial of 23-year-old Eric Rivera Jr. has been delayed numerous times, in part because Rivera has had several different lawyers. The latest September trial date was postponed because of scheduling conflicts and witness availability. The delays have many wondering why exactly Taylor’s killers haven’t seen the inside of a courtroom nearly 6 years since Sean’s death.
Rivera and four others from the Fort Myers area are charged with shooting Taylor in the leg during an attempted robbery of his Florida home in 2007. He underwent surgery to repair damage to his femoral artery, but would eventually succumb to his injuries.
Venjah Hunte, who pleaded guilty to degree murder in 2009, is expected to testify against the defendants. He is currently serving a 29-year prison sentence.
Rivera and the others pleaded not guilty and are being tried separately. Each faces a possible life sentence if convicted.