- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Lions Week 7
- Week 6 Observations Redskins vs Eagles
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 6
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Ravens Week 5
- VIDEO: Redskins CB Josh Norman E60 Feature (FULL)
- Redskins Press Conferences: Sean McVay 10-7-2016
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Browns Week 4
- Jay Gruden Says He Doesn’t Know What a Catch is Anymore
- Redskins Enter Matchup With Browns Needing to Find Consistency
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 3
October Date set for Sean Taylor’s Murder Trial
- Updated: September 18, 2013
Nearly six years after the shooting death of star Redskins safety Sean Taylor in his Miami home, a new trial date has been set for the alleged shooter.
After another delay last week (there have been MANY), a October 15 trial date has been set for the alleged shooter in the 2007 murder of the Washington Redskins star safety.
The trial of 23-year-old Eric Rivera Jr. has been delayed numerous times, in part because Rivera has had several different lawyers. The latest September trial date was postponed because of scheduling conflicts and witness availability. The delays have many wondering why exactly Taylor’s killers haven’t seen the inside of a courtroom nearly 6 years since Sean’s death.
Rivera and four others from the Fort Myers area are charged with shooting Taylor in the leg during an attempted robbery of his Florida home in 2007. He underwent surgery to repair damage to his femoral artery, but would eventually succumb to his injuries.
Venjah Hunte, who pleaded guilty to degree murder in 2009, is expected to testify against the defendants. He is currently serving a 29-year prison sentence.
Rivera and the others pleaded not guilty and are being tried separately. Each faces a possible life sentence if convicted.