- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Saints Week 11
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Vikings Week 10
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Seahawks Week 9
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 8
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 7
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs 49ers Week 6
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Chiefs Week 4
- Washington Redskins release WR Dres Anderson from practice squad
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Raiders Week 3
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Rams Week 2
Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
- Updated: April 28, 2017
Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
With their third-round pick (81st overall), the Washington Redskins have selected cornerback Fabian Moreau out of UCLA. Moreau will fit nicely in the Redskins defensive scheme and should play a major role with the burgundy and gold for years to come.
“Fabian is an ultra-talented kid. He’s a three-year starter. He had the Lisfranc injury a couple of years ago [and] he started every game last year,” said head coach Jay Gruden. “Unfortunately, he hurt his pec [pectoral muscle] at his pro day lifting weights. But, he ran a 4.38 [and] 4.35 at the 40 [yard dash] at the Combine. [He’s] just really talented. He’s an ex-running back. What I saw at the East-West Shrine Game with him in one-on-ones, you could see his change of direction, his ball skills. But speed, I think upside, are the keys to Fabian and we’re excited to get him.”
Moreau was viewed as a first-round pick originally before injuring his pectoral muscle at his pro-day. According to reports Moreau is coming along well in his rehab treatment.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 29, 2017
A former running back with a thick frame and great speed, Moreau is big (6-1, 206 pounds), physical and fast (4.35 in the forty), everything Washington was looking for in a corner.
“This is just everything to me,” Fabian said. “I’ve been wanting this my whole life. I’m just ready to contribute, ready to win and ready to be a Redskin.”
Moreau appeared in 51 career games at UCLA from 2012-16, recording 148 tackles (98 solo), 26 pass breakups, three interceptions, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. Last season, he received honorable mention All-Pac-12 honors from the league’s coaches after leading his team with 10 pass breakups and contributing two interceptions to a Bruins secondary that limited opponents to a conference-low 12 passing touchdowns.
Incoming search terms:
- redskins 2017 second round draft pick per chris cooley