- Rated R Radio: Episode 8 – Current State of The Redskins: Post-Case Keenum Trade (PODCAST)
- Rated R Radio: Episode 7 – Josh Rosen Trade Rumors at the Combine?; DK Metcalf is a BEAST!
- Rated R Radio: Episode 6 – AAF, Stadiums and Redskins Free Agency? Oh My…
- Rated R Radio: Episode 5 – 100% Doom & Gloom Free Redskins Talk
- Redskins Hire Ray Horton as New Defensive Backs Coach
- Rated R Radio: Episode 4 – Who Stays, Who Goes? (PODCAST)
Washington Redskins Select LB Martrell Spaight With the 141st Pick (2015 NFL Draft)
- Updated: May 2, 2015
Redskins Select LB Martrell Spaight With the 141st Pick
The Washington Redskins selected linebacker Martrell Spaight from the University of Arkansas with the 141st pick (5th round) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
Spaight (6-0, 236 lbs) started 13 games in 2014 and was named first team All-SEC while leading his team in tackles (128).
Was a two-time JUCO All-American. Plays downhill and will attack his gap. Physical at line of scrimmage and had several tackles for losses. Sees past blockers and displays good ball awareness. Uses his hands to disengage from blockers and is a leverage linebacker. Aggressive in man coverage toward the boundaries.
Spaight played two years of JUCO football and started just two games as a junior at Arkansas. This past season was his first as a full-time starter and he is still learning the nuances of the position. He’s physical and productive between the tackles, but might be limited when asked to make plays on the perimeter.
PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.80 and 4.83 seconds
Broad jump: 9 feet, 6 inches
Three-cone drill: 7.10 seconds
Below are a couple of videos featuring Spaight: