- Redskins guard Arie Kouandjio will miss 2018 season after surgery
- Redskins re-sign Shawn Lauvao, still have long-term questions at LG
- Redskins re-sign defensive lineman Phil Taylor
- Redskins sign linebacker Pernell McPhee
- Redskins sign cornerback Orlando Scandrick
- Washington Redskins sign wide receiver Paul Richardson
Ryan Kerrigan Undergoes Elbow Surgery Faces 6-8 Week Recovery Time
- Updated: January 20, 2017
Ryan Kerrigan Undergoes Elbow Surgery
Earlier this week the Redskins announced that Ryan Kerrigan would miss next week’s Pro Bowl. Now the reasons behind him missing the game are a little more clear. Kerrigan underwent a procedure on his injured elbow a few days ago to” clean up” some lingering issues.
Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan underwent surgery to clean up “loose bodies” in his left elbow, he said via… https://t.co/L9eOeRtLt2
— John Keim (@john_keim) January 20, 2017
Kerrigan injured the elbow in the Redskins week 15 Monday night matchup against the Carolina Panthers and wore a brace on it for the remainder of the season without missing any playing time.
Kerrigan had originally thought that rest and rehab would heal the injury…after a couple of weeks it was said that surgery was the best option. The estimated recovery time from the surgery is 6-8 weeks, which would give Kerrigan plenty of time to be prepared for team workouts come April.