- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects LB Ryan Anderson at Pick 49
- Washington Redskins RB Matt Jones on Trading Block
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Jonathan Allen at Pick 17
Daily Recap: Supreme Court Hears Case Similar to Redskins Trademark; Could Leonard Fournette Slip to the ‘Skins at 17?
- Updated: January 18, 2017
Daily Recap: Supreme Court Hears Case Similar to Redskins Trademark
–The Redskins news day got kicked off with the word that Redskins offensive line coach Bill Callahan will not pursue the team’s open offensive coordinator position. Callahan’s agent said yesterday that “Bill has never been happier in his life.” Those are strong words and are an assurance that Callahan is happy. Check that article out by clicking HERE.
–As the day rolled on news came out that the Houston Texans had promoted Mike Vrabel to take the team’s defensive coordinator position. It was rumored that Vrabel was on the Redskins list of possible candidates but that the Texans were not allowing Washington to interview Vrabel or Romeo Crennel.
Worth mentioning: The Chargers requested to talk to Mike Vrabel about their defensive coordinator spot, Redskins showed interest too.
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) January 18, 2017
#Redskins had interest in speaking with Crennel about DC job, but source said they were denied permission to speak with him.
— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) January 18, 2017
–The Mock Draft season is upon us…today the Redskins showcased another draft idea, The Mock the team showed had them taking LSU star runningback Leonard Fournette.
–Richmond.com did a story on Redskins owner Dan Snyder attending Donald Trump’s pre-inauguration dinner. It’s being reported that Snyder’s wife donated a rather sizable amount of money to Trump’s campaign. Read the article by clicking HERE.
–ESPN’s John Keim points out that if Kyle Shanahan takes the open 49ers job it may be an intriguing situation for Kirk Cousins. Shanahan is a coach Cousins likes and he has an offense he knows well. The thing is, would the 49ers be willing to give up two first-round picks and then still have to sign Cousins to a mega-deal. It’s a big chance to take. You can read that article by clicking HERE.
–A Redskins team spokesman announced Wednesday that three of the four Redskins voted into the Pro Bowl would not attend.
Brandon Scherff (ankle/shoulder), Ryan Kerrigan (elbow) and Jordan Reed (shoulder) will not play in the Pro Bowl, team spokesman says.
— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) January 18, 2017
–The AP reported on a case that was heard in the Supreme Court today that directly involves the Washington Redskins team name. The court is expressing doubts about a law that bars the government from registering trademarks that are deemed offensive. The ruling could affect the Redskins case in the long run. You can read that article by clicking HERE.
Make sure to check back tomorrow for more Redskins news bits–> HTTR!!!