- Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
- Members of the Navajo Code Talkers Association Honored by Redskins
- Joe Jacoby Named Semifinalist for the 2014 Hall of Fame Class
- Leonard Hankerson Has LCL/ACL Surgery
- Injury Report: Redskins vs Eagles; Hall Will Play, Bowen is Questionable
- Redskins Promote Nick Williams to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Jordan Reed Breaks Redskins Rookie Records, on Pace to set NFL Records for Rookie TE’s
Washington Redskins Listed as 8th Most Valuable Sports Franchise by Forbes
- Updated: July 16, 2013
Forbes Magazine recently released their annual report on sports teams and the Washington Redskins were listed as their 8th most valuable sports franchise.
The Redskins are listed at a value of $1.6 billion dollars, which ranks them third amongst all NFL teams behind the Dallas Cowboys $2.1 billion (5th overall) and the New England Patriots #1.635 billion (6th overall).
The NFL dominated the list as thirty of the fifty named were NFL franchises with the St. Louis Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars being the only teams not on the list. The Redskins rank third amongst the teams in the National Football League and were passed on the overall list by the LA Dodgers, New England Patriots and Barcelona as they were ranked 5th a year ago.
The top ten is listed below.
- Real Madrid $3.3 Billion
- Manchester United $3.165 Billion
- Barcelona $2.6 Billion
- New York Yankees $2.3 Billion
- Dallas Cowboys $2.1 Billion
- New England Patriots $1.636 Billion
- Los Angeles Dodgers $1.615 Billion
- Washington Redskins $1.6 Billion
- New York Giants $1.468 Billion
- Arsenal $1.326 Billion
Incoming search terms:
- redskins third most value francise