- Redskins Press Conferences: Robert Griffin III 12-16-2014
- Redskins Place Colt McCoy on IR; Promote LB Jackson Jeffcoat
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 12-15-2014
- Jay Gruden: “This is Robert’s Team Right now Against the Eagles”
- Santana Moss: “I let my Emotions get the Best of me”
- RGIII: “That’s a Touchdown in Every Game I’ve Ever Seen”
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 12-12-2014
- Colt McCoy Cleared to Play, Will Start Sunday
- Redskins Injury Report Week 15
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 15
Alfred Morris has the Redskins Single Season Rushing Record in Sight
- Updated: December 15, 2012
With all the attention fellow teammate and rookie Robert Griffin III has received this year it may shock some that Alfred Morris is having one of the best seasons for a running back in Redskins history. The twenty-four year old back who stands 5′ 11 and makes a modest $390,000 a year, has rushed for 1,235 yards in just 13 games this season. The 1,235 yards have him 12th already in all-time single season rushing yards for the Redskins.
With three games remaining Morris is a major threat to former Redskins great Clinton Portis’s record total of 1,516 he set in 2005.
Morris is another in a long line of late round running back gems coach Mike Shanahan has plucked from the NFL draft. Much has been written about how Morris still drives the same car he did in college, a sign that material things are not the number one issue on Alfred’s mind.
Coupled with RG3’s year, the tandem has the Washington Redskins sitting atop the league in team rushing yards this season and has been the nightmare of opposing teams defensive coordinators. Morris has rushed for 100 yards in games six times this year and has accrued 7 touchdowns as well. Teams who focus on Robert Griffin have been stung all year as Morris has been a force to be reckoned with.
The one thing that stands out to me the most with this kid is the fact that the first person will never take him down as he finds a way to break tackles in almost every situation. The kid runs the ball with anger and with purpose. Morris already smashed the Redskins rookie record formerly held by Reggie Brooks.
If Morris can gain 282 yards in the Redskins last three games he will hold the single season rushing record for the Redskins, and as the list below shows, that’s good company to be in!
UPDATED: Sunday, December 16, 2012
Alfred Morris rushed for 87 yards against the Browns on Sunday moving him to 1,322 on the season. That performance moved him up to the 7th best rushing season by a Redskins running back. Morris also scored two touchdowns on Sunday, which gave him the single season touchdown record for a Redskins rookie with 9.
Incoming search terms:
- redskins single season rushing record
- redskins record