- Washington Redskins 2018 Madden Ratings
- Redskins LB Trent Murphy Will Miss the Entire 2017 Season With Torn ACL/MCL
- Redskins Injury Report: RB Keith Marshall Tore Right Patellar Tendon, Out for Season
- Washington Redskins Sign DB Jeremiah McKinnon, Release DB Lou Young III
- Redskins Training Camp 2017: Recap Day 1 (Videos)
- Washington Redskins Release Linebacker Houston Bates, Sign Tight End E.J. Bibbs
- Jordan Reed one of Four Redskins to Start Training Camp on PUP List
- Washington Redskins DeAngelo Hall, Houston Bates Will Begin Camp on PUP List
- Redskins QB Kirk Cousins Will Play Another Season on the Franchise Tag
- Washington Redskins Showcase Security & Menu Changes at 2017 Taste of FedexField
Daily Recap: Redskins Scouting Departments Well Represented at First Shrine Practice; New Names Added To Defensive Coach Search
- Updated: January 16, 2017
Daily Recap: Redskins Scouting Departments Well Represented at First Shrine Practice
Today we’re going to kickoff this new section of the blog that will discuss daily news about the team…Hopefully it will be a new way to discuss bits of info that come about through the day.
The Redskins started off Monday looking to increase their short list of candidates for the team’s vacant defensive coordinators position.
– By mid-morning the news that the team planned on interviewing former Bills, Saints, Raiders and Cowboys defensive coach Rob Ryan had made its way across Redskins Nation. To say that the news of Ryan being interviewed was not received well, would be an understatement…note to Redskins fans, remember that it’s just an interview. According to several team sources the Redskins plan on taking their time looking for a new coordinator and plan on targeting 6-8 candidates before someone is named.
Per sources, the Redskins will be interviewing ex-Bill ass’t Rob Ryan for their defensive coordinator opening.
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) January 16, 2017
– As the day went on another name came about in the coordinator search as former Raiders coach Jason Tarver will now interview with the team on Tuesday, according to sources.
#Redskins will also interview 49ers LBs coach Jason Tarver for their defensive coordinator position, per source. Was Raiders DC from 2012-14
— Master Tesfatsion (@MasterTes) January 16, 2017
-Washington Post reporter Liz Clarke wrote an article Monday pointing out that the Redskins had yet to satisfy the league’s Rooney Rule in terms of interviewing a minority candidate before they hire someone. You can read that story by clicking HERE. Later in the day it was speculated that the team might have some interest in Falcons assistant Raheem Morris, who of course the team let go when they fired the Shanahan staff a few seasons back.
-With the biggest part of scouting season almost here, pro scouts will get a chance to check out some next level talent at the East-West Shrine game this weekend. Those at the Shrine practice Monday said the Redskins were out in full effect.
SF 49ers & Washington Redskins scouting departments well represented at first Shrine practice.
— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) January 16, 2017
-Ryan Kerrigan and Trent Williams were both named first team All-NFC Team by the Pro Football Writers of America on Monday. This marks the second time that Williams has been named to the team, Kerrigan was named to their All-Rookie team a few years back.
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) January 16, 2017
-The Redskins signed former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Tharold Simon to a futures contract Monday. Simon (6-2, 202 lbs) was a fifth round in the 2013 NFL Draft and was picked up by the Arizona Cardinals in 2015 after being cut by Seattle.
We’ll have more Redskins news bits for you tomorrow! HTTR!!!