- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects LB Ryan Anderson at Pick 49
- Washington Redskins RB Matt Jones on Trading Block
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Jonathan Allen at Pick 17
Daily Recap: Redskins Scouting Departments Well Represented at First Shrine Practice; New Names Added To Defensive Coach Search
- Updated: January 16, 2017
Daily Recap: Redskins Scouting Departments Well Represented at First Shrine Practice
Today we’re going to kickoff this new section of the blog that will discuss daily news about the team…Hopefully it will be a new way to discuss bits of info that come about through the day.
The Redskins started off Monday looking to increase their short list of candidates for the team’s vacant defensive coordinators position.
– By mid-morning the news that the team planned on interviewing former Bills, Saints, Raiders and Cowboys defensive coach Rob Ryan had made its way across Redskins Nation. To say that the news of Ryan being interviewed was not received well, would be an understatement…note to Redskins fans, remember that it’s just an interview. According to several team sources the Redskins plan on taking their time looking for a new coordinator and plan on targeting 6-8 candidates before someone is named.
Per sources, the Redskins will be interviewing ex-Bill ass’t Rob Ryan for their defensive coordinator opening.
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) January 16, 2017
– As the day went on another name came about in the coordinator search as former Raiders coach Jason Tarver will now interview with the team on Tuesday, according to sources.
#Redskins will also interview 49ers LBs coach Jason Tarver for their defensive coordinator position, per source. Was Raiders DC from 2012-14
— Master Tesfatsion (@MasterTes) January 16, 2017
-Washington Post reporter Liz Clarke wrote an article Monday pointing out that the Redskins had yet to satisfy the league’s Rooney Rule in terms of interviewing a minority candidate before they hire someone. You can read that story by clicking HERE. Later in the day it was speculated that the team might have some interest in Falcons assistant Raheem Morris, who of course the team let go when they fired the Shanahan staff a few seasons back.
-With the biggest part of scouting season almost here, pro scouts will get a chance to check out some next level talent at the East-West Shrine game this weekend. Those at the Shrine practice Monday said the Redskins were out in full effect.
SF 49ers & Washington Redskins scouting departments well represented at first Shrine practice.
— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) January 16, 2017
-Ryan Kerrigan and Trent Williams were both named first team All-NFC Team by the Pro Football Writers of America on Monday. This marks the second time that Williams has been named to the team, Kerrigan was named to their All-Rookie team a few years back.
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) January 16, 2017
-The Redskins signed former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Tharold Simon to a futures contract Monday. Simon (6-2, 202 lbs) was a fifth round in the 2013 NFL Draft and was picked up by the Arizona Cardinals in 2015 after being cut by Seattle.
We’ll have more Redskins news bits for you tomorrow! HTTR!!!