- Washington Redskins 2018 Madden Ratings
- Redskins LB Trent Murphy Will Miss the Entire 2017 Season With Torn ACL/MCL
- Redskins Injury Report: RB Keith Marshall Tore Right Patellar Tendon, Out for Season
- Washington Redskins Sign DB Jeremiah McKinnon, Release DB Lou Young III
- Redskins Training Camp 2017: Recap Day 1 (Videos)
- Washington Redskins Release Linebacker Houston Bates, Sign Tight End E.J. Bibbs
- Jordan Reed one of Four Redskins to Start Training Camp on PUP List
- Washington Redskins DeAngelo Hall, Houston Bates Will Begin Camp on PUP List
- Redskins QB Kirk Cousins Will Play Another Season on the Franchise Tag
- Washington Redskins Showcase Security & Menu Changes at 2017 Taste of FedexField
Jordan Reed Breaks Redskins Rookie Records, on Pace to set NFL Records for Rookie TE’s
- Updated: November 9, 2013
Tight end Jordan Reed has established the Washington Redskins record for catches and receiving yards in a season by a rookie tight end with seven games still remaining. Reed has 44 catches for 487 yards and 3 touchdowns through nine games, despite missing one game earlier this season for a quadriceps injury.
Chris Cooley held the rookie mark before with 37 catches and 314 yards.
Reed’s nine catches for 143 yards against the Chicago Bears also set single game record for a Redskins rookie for catches and yards. Jerry Smith previously held that mark with 78 yards on 6 catches on 11/28/65 vs. Dallas.
In comparison, in took Chris Cooley four seasons before he got his first 100 yard game, Fred Davis only has one 1oo-yard game in his career. Reed got his first 100 -yard game in just his fourth professional outing, which is the second fastest 100-yard game for a tight end in NFL history. Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez got his first 100-yard game in his second outing (Reed’s skill set is often compared to Hernandez).
Jordan Reed is on pace to break the NFL record for both catches and yards for a rookie, Keith Jackson currently holds the record from the 1988 season in which he caught 81 passes for 869 yards and six touchdowns.
The all-time record for ALL Washington Redskins tight ends for a season is 83 catches for 849 yards, a record currently held by Chris Cooley who posted 849 yards in two different seasons (2008, 2010).
Jordan Reed was the fifth tight end taken in the 2013 NFL draft.