- Redskins Will Look At In-House Options to Replace Sean McVay
- Proposal for RFK Stadium Campus Includes Possible new Redskins Stadium
- DeAngelo Hall Wants One Last Chance With Redskins, Will Take Paycut
- Redskins Will Face Several Key Free Agent Decisions This Offseason
- Kyshoen Jarrett Speaks Out On His Journey a Year After Being Injured
- Redskins Great Joe Jacoby Named Hall of Fame Finalist for 2nd Time
- Redskins Home and Away Opponents List for 2017
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 17
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Bears Week 16
- Four Redskins Selected to Pro Bowl; Three Others Will be Alternates
Jordan Reed Breaks Redskins Rookie Records, on Pace to set NFL Records for Rookie TE’s
- Updated: November 9, 2013
Tight end Jordan Reed has established the Washington Redskins record for catches and receiving yards in a season by a rookie tight end with seven games still remaining. Reed has 44 catches for 487 yards and 3 touchdowns through nine games, despite missing one game earlier this season for a quadriceps injury.
Chris Cooley held the rookie mark before with 37 catches and 314 yards.
Reed’s nine catches for 143 yards against the Chicago Bears also set single game record for a Redskins rookie for catches and yards. Jerry Smith previously held that mark with 78 yards on 6 catches on 11/28/65 vs. Dallas.
In comparison, in took Chris Cooley four seasons before he got his first 100 yard game, Fred Davis only has one 1oo-yard game in his career. Reed got his first 100 -yard game in just his fourth professional outing, which is the second fastest 100-yard game for a tight end in NFL history. Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez got his first 100-yard game in his second outing (Reed’s skill set is often compared to Hernandez).
Jordan Reed is on pace to break the NFL record for both catches and yards for a rookie, Keith Jackson currently holds the record from the 1988 season in which he caught 81 passes for 869 yards and six touchdowns.
The all-time record for ALL Washington Redskins tight ends for a season is 83 catches for 849 yards, a record currently held by Chris Cooley who posted 849 yards in two different seasons (2008, 2010).
Jordan Reed was the fifth tight end taken in the 2013 NFL draft.