- Redskins Press Conferences: Jason Hatcher 10-23-2014
- Decision on if RGIII Will Start Monday or be Inactive Coming Soon
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden & Colt McCoy 10-22-2014
- Keenan Robinson Named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
- Redskins Sign Everette Brown; Place Brian Orakpo on Injured Reserve
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 10-20-2014
- Brian Orakpo has Torn Pectoral Muscle, Out for the Season
- Redskins Notes & Quotes 10-20-2014
- Concern Grows on Brian Orakpo’s Pectoral Muscle Injury, MRI set for Monday
- Colt McCoy Replaces Kirk Cousins, Sparks Redskins win Over Titans
Josh Wilson Takes Pay Cut, Says “We’re Here to win Championships & Sacrifices Have to be Made”
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson has taken a big pay cut on his contract. His cap hit now has dropped to $3.4 million a year.
Set to count $5.3 million against the cap in 2013, the final season of his contract, Wilson took a pay cut of $1.9 million as his base salary was lowered from $3.9 million to $2 million. He will now receive a signing bonus of $1.3 million.
The #Redskins have restructured Josh Wilson’s contract and will save $2 million against the cap this season, according to a league source.
— Zac Boyer (@ZacBoyer) April 26, 2013
Josh Wilson, via text, on re-structuring his deal: “We’re here to win championships & sacrifices have to be made to achieve that.” #Redskins
— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) April 26, 2013
Seeing that Wilson is serious about winning at all cost is refreshing. This move just opened the Redskins up to perhaps make one more move in free agency since they don’t need much extra cash to sign their draft picks….Quentin Jammer maybe? We shall see.