- Redskins Preseason Opponents Announced (2014)
- Redskins Agree to Deal With DeSean Jackson
- Redskins Sign Safety Ryan Clark
- Brian Orakpo Signs Redskins Franchise Tender
- Letter From Dan Snyder: Formation of Original Americans Foundation
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (2nd Edition)
- RGIII: “I Think it’s Safe to say I Won’t be Wearing the Brace”
- Redskins Re-Sign Brandon Meriweather
- Doc Walker Performs Rivalry Baptism on Jason Hatcher (Video)
- Redskins Release Center Will Montgomery
Josh Wilson Takes Pay Cut, Says “We’re Here to win Championships & Sacrifices Have to be Made”
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson has taken a big pay cut on his contract. His cap hit now has dropped to $3.4 million a year.
Set to count $5.3 million against the cap in 2013, the final season of his contract, Wilson took a pay cut of $1.9 million as his base salary was lowered from $3.9 million to $2 million. He will now receive a signing bonus of $1.3 million.
The #Redskins have restructured Josh Wilson’s contract and will save $2 million against the cap this season, according to a league source.
— Zac Boyer (@ZacBoyer) April 26, 2013
Josh Wilson, via text, on re-structuring his deal: “We’re here to win championships & sacrifices have to be made to achieve that.” #Redskins
— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) April 26, 2013
Seeing that Wilson is serious about winning at all cost is refreshing. This move just opened the Redskins up to perhaps make one more move in free agency since they don’t need much extra cash to sign their draft picks….Quentin Jammer maybe? We shall see.