- Redskins Rookie WR Josh Doctson Q & A Interview (VIDEO)
- Jordan Reed Named Number 77, “NFL Top 100 of 2016” (VIDEO)
- Redskins Sign six of Seven Draft Picks
- Redskins Weekly News Roundup 5-10-2016
- Welcome to DC – 2016 Redskins Draft Class (VIDEO)
- Redskins Select LB/Safety Su’a Cravens with 53rd Pick
- Redskins Select WR Josh Doctson with the 22nd Pick
- Redskins 2016 Draft: HTTR4LIFE Mock Draft
- Redskins 2016 NFL Draft: Team Needs
- Redskins Take Care of Own on Quiet First Day of Free Agency
Josh Wilson Takes Pay Cut, Says “We’re Here to win Championships & Sacrifices Have to be Made”
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson has taken a big pay cut on his contract. His cap hit now has dropped to $3.4 million a year.
Set to count $5.3 million against the cap in 2013, the final season of his contract, Wilson took a pay cut of $1.9 million as his base salary was lowered from $3.9 million to $2 million. He will now receive a signing bonus of $1.3 million.
The #Redskins have restructured Josh Wilson’s contract and will save $2 million against the cap this season, according to a league source.
— Zac Boyer (@ZacBoyer) April 26, 2013
Josh Wilson, via text, on re-structuring his deal: “We’re here to win championships & sacrifices have to be made to achieve that.” #Redskins
— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) April 26, 2013
Seeing that Wilson is serious about winning at all cost is refreshing. This move just opened the Redskins up to perhaps make one more move in free agency since they don’t need much extra cash to sign their draft picks….Quentin Jammer maybe? We shall see.