- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 8-20-2014 (VIDEO)
- How Many Receivers Will the Redskins Keep on the 53-Man Roster?
- Stephen Bowen Agrees to Restructure Deal, Saves Redskins $1.9 Million
- Redskins 24 – Browns 23, Preseason Week 2 – Observations & Press Conferences
- Redskins vs Browns Preseason Game 2 Preview
- Washington Redskins Top Quotes From the Week August 9-16
- Redskins Players, Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen Participate in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Sean Taylor Will be Featured on “A Football Life”
- Redskins Release Statement on Appeal of Trademark Decision
- Redskins Waive DE Doug Worthington, Sign TE Matt Veldman
Josh Wilson Takes Pay Cut, Says “We’re Here to win Championships & Sacrifices Have to be Made”
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson has taken a big pay cut on his contract. His cap hit now has dropped to $3.4 million a year.
Set to count $5.3 million against the cap in 2013, the final season of his contract, Wilson took a pay cut of $1.9 million as his base salary was lowered from $3.9 million to $2 million. He will now receive a signing bonus of $1.3 million.
The #Redskins have restructured Josh Wilson’s contract and will save $2 million against the cap this season, according to a league source.
— Zac Boyer (@ZacBoyer) April 26, 2013
Josh Wilson, via text, on re-structuring his deal: “We’re here to win championships & sacrifices have to be made to achieve that.” #Redskins
— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) April 26, 2013
Seeing that Wilson is serious about winning at all cost is refreshing. This move just opened the Redskins up to perhaps make one more move in free agency since they don’t need much extra cash to sign their draft picks….Quentin Jammer maybe? We shall see.
Incoming search terms:
- josh wilson pay cut