- Brandon Scherff Selected to PFWA 2015 All-Rookie Team
- Important Redskins Offseason Dates
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Packers Wild Card Weekend
- Joe Jacoby Named Pro Football Hall Of Fame Finalist
- Redskins 2016 Opponents List
- Redskins Will Host Green Bay in First Round of Playoffs
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 17
- Against All Odds, Redskins Are 2015 NFC East Division Champions
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 16
- Redskins Can Clinch the NFC East With Win Next Week In Philly
Josh Wilson Takes Pay Cut, Says “We’re Here to win Championships & Sacrifices Have to be Made”
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson has taken a big pay cut on his contract. His cap hit now has dropped to $3.4 million a year.
Set to count $5.3 million against the cap in 2013, the final season of his contract, Wilson took a pay cut of $1.9 million as his base salary was lowered from $3.9 million to $2 million. He will now receive a signing bonus of $1.3 million.
The #Redskins have restructured Josh Wilson’s contract and will save $2 million against the cap this season, according to a league source.
— Zac Boyer (@ZacBoyer) April 26, 2013
Josh Wilson, via text, on re-structuring his deal: “We’re here to win championships & sacrifices have to be made to achieve that.” #Redskins
— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) April 26, 2013
Seeing that Wilson is serious about winning at all cost is refreshing. This move just opened the Redskins up to perhaps make one more move in free agency since they don’t need much extra cash to sign their draft picks….Quentin Jammer maybe? We shall see.