- Jeff Bostic & Monte Coleman Will be Inducted Into Redskins Ring Of Fame
- Notes & Observations From Redskins vs Ravens 8-29-2015
- Redskins Cut 15 Players to Get Down to 75
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Ravens Preseason Week 3
- Redskins Guard Dick Stanfel Named Finalist For Pro Football HOF
- State of The Redskins Heading Into Preseason Week 3
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Lions Preseason Week 2
- Niles Paul Dislocates Ankle
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Browns Preseason Week 1
- 66 Reasons Why Joe Jacoby Belongs in the Hall of Fame
Josh Wilson Takes Pay Cut, Says “We’re Here to win Championships & Sacrifices Have to be Made”
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson has taken a big pay cut on his contract. His cap hit now has dropped to $3.4 million a year.
Set to count $5.3 million against the cap in 2013, the final season of his contract, Wilson took a pay cut of $1.9 million as his base salary was lowered from $3.9 million to $2 million. He will now receive a signing bonus of $1.3 million.
The #Redskins have restructured Josh Wilson’s contract and will save $2 million against the cap this season, according to a league source.
— Zac Boyer (@ZacBoyer) April 26, 2013
Josh Wilson, via text, on re-structuring his deal: “We’re here to win championships & sacrifices have to be made to achieve that.” #Redskins
— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) April 26, 2013
Seeing that Wilson is serious about winning at all cost is refreshing. This move just opened the Redskins up to perhaps make one more move in free agency since they don’t need much extra cash to sign their draft picks….Quentin Jammer maybe? We shall see.