- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
- Redskins Announce Coaching Staff Changes
- Redskins Re-Sign Veteran Long Snapper Nick Sundberg
- Chris Baker Wants to Return to the Redskins and Retire in Washington
- Daily Recap: Redskins O-Line Had 4th Fewest Sacks in 2016; Robert Kelley has Minor Knee Surgery
- Redskins Set to Hire Kevin O’Connell as Team’s New Quarterback Coach
- Ryan Kerrigan Undergoes Elbow Surgery Faces 6-8 Week Recovery Time
- Daily Recap: Supreme Court Hears Case Similar to Redskins Trademark; Could Leonard Fournette Slip to the ‘Skins at 17?
- 3 of 4 Redskins Selected to Pro Bowl Will Not Attend
Josh Wilson Takes Pay Cut, Says “We’re Here to win Championships & Sacrifices Have to be Made”
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson has taken a big pay cut on his contract. His cap hit now has dropped to $3.4 million a year.
Set to count $5.3 million against the cap in 2013, the final season of his contract, Wilson took a pay cut of $1.9 million as his base salary was lowered from $3.9 million to $2 million. He will now receive a signing bonus of $1.3 million.
The #Redskins have restructured Josh Wilson’s contract and will save $2 million against the cap this season, according to a league source.
— Zac Boyer (@ZacBoyer) April 26, 2013
Josh Wilson, via text, on re-structuring his deal: “We’re here to win championships & sacrifices have to be made to achieve that.” #Redskins
— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) April 26, 2013
Seeing that Wilson is serious about winning at all cost is refreshing. This move just opened the Redskins up to perhaps make one more move in free agency since they don’t need much extra cash to sign their draft picks….Quentin Jammer maybe? We shall see.