- Redskins Free Agency: Thoughts on Day 1
- Redskins Sign Offensive Guard Shawn Lauvao
- Redskins Re-Sign Santana Moss
- Redskins Have Agreed to Terms With WR Andre Roberts
- Redskins Re-Sign Perry Riley
- Redskins Free Agency: Rumors and Reports From the Day Before
- Washington Redskins Free Agency Preview (2014)
- With Perry Riley not Signed The Redskins have 2 Glaring Holes at ILB
- Redskins Cut 5 Players Including Adam Carriker and Sav Rocca
- Redskins use Franchise tag on Brian Orakpo
Josh Wilson Takes Pay Cut, Says “We’re Here to win Championships & Sacrifices Have to be Made”
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson has taken a big pay cut on his contract. His cap hit now has dropped to $3.4 million a year.
Set to count $5.3 million against the cap in 2013, the final season of his contract, Wilson took a pay cut of $1.9 million as his base salary was lowered from $3.9 million to $2 million. He will now receive a signing bonus of $1.3 million.
The #Redskins have restructured Josh Wilson’s contract and will save $2 million against the cap this season, according to a league source.
— Zac Boyer (@ZacBoyer) April 26, 2013
Josh Wilson, via text, on re-structuring his deal: “We’re here to win championships & sacrifices have to be made to achieve that.” #Redskins
— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) April 26, 2013
Seeing that Wilson is serious about winning at all cost is refreshing. This move just opened the Redskins up to perhaps make one more move in free agency since they don’t need much extra cash to sign their draft picks….Quentin Jammer maybe? We shall see.