- Redskins Cut 13 Players, Start Signing Undrafted Players
- Redskins Draft 2015: Review & Grades
- Washington Redskins Undrafted Free Agent Signings 2015
- Washington Redskins Select Center Austin Reiter With the 222nd Pick (2015 NFL Draft)
- Washington Redskins Select WR Evan Spencer With the 187th Pick (2015 NFL Draft)
- Washington Redskins Select CB Tevin Mitchel With the 182nd Pick (2015 NFL Draft)
- Washington Redskins Select Safety Kyshoen Jarrett With the 181st Pick (2015 NFL Draft)
- Washington Redskins Select LB Martrell Spaight With the 141st Pick (2015 NFL Draft)
Mazda is Refurbushing Alfred Morris’s $1300 car
- Updated: July 25, 2013
In his rookie season, Washington Redskins running back Alfred Morris finished second in the NFL in both rushing yards and rushing touchdowns, broke the franchise record for single-season rushing yards and tallied the third-highest rushing total in NFL rookie history. That being said, the conversation on Thursdays after morning walk throughs was focused on Alfred’s 91′ Mazda.
The story of Morris and his childhood car made headlines last year when it was revealed he still drives a ’91 Mazda 626 nicknamed “Bentley” to Redskins Park. On his first day of training camp, Morris revealed to reporters that Mazda is refurbishing the car to restore it to its past glory.
When asked last year why he still drives the old car when he can afford something newer, Morris said it reminds him of his roots.
“It has some sentimental value to it now,” Morris told Redskins.com at the time. “It just keeps me grounded, where I came from and all the hard work for me to get to this point. So that’s what helps me.”
He said he expects Mazda to fix a crack in the dashboard and maybe replace some parts under the hood, but doesn’t anticipate any flash.
“It’s not ‘Pimp My Ride’ or anything,” Morris said. “No big rims or fish tanks in the back.”
Incoming search terms:
- alfred morris car