- Redskins Injury Report: Hurt Placed on IR, Reed Still a no go in Practice
- NFL Releases Statement on Redskins vs Giants Ending
- Redskins Promote Chase Minnifield to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Stephen Bowen Placed on Injured Reserve, Will Have Surgery
- Members of the Navajo Code Talkers Association Honored by Redskins
- Joe Jacoby Named Semifinalist for the 2014 Hall of Fame Class
- Leonard Hankerson Has LCL/ACL Surgery
- Injury Report: Redskins vs Eagles; Hall Will Play, Bowen is Questionable
- Redskins Promote Nick Williams to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Jordan Reed Breaks Redskins Rookie Records, on Pace to set NFL Records for Rookie TE’s
Clinton Portis Joins Concussion Lawsuit Against the NFL
- Updated: August 14, 2013
Former Washington Redskins great Clinton Portis has joined the growing list of former NFL players (4,500+ involved in concussion lawsuit) who are suing the league as a result of head injuries, according to the Washington Times.
Portis is listed as the lead plaintiff in the newly filed, 83-player lawsuit that also includes former Viking Daunte Culpepper and former Tampa Bay Bucs runningback Cadillac Williams.
Portis was quoted in a CBS article a few months back saying he had suffered more than 10 concussions in his career. “The truth is I had a lot of concussions,” he said. “It was just the way things were at the time. I’d get hit hard and be woozy. I’d be dizzy. I’d take a play off and then go back in. Sometimes when I went back into the game, I still couldn’t see straight. This happened all the time. Sometimes once or twice a game.”
The lawsuit claims Portis suffers from headaches and is “at heightened risk of developing further adverse neurological symptoms in the future.”
Clinton is the latest former Redskins player to sue the NFL, joining Hall of Famer Art Monk, Mark Rypien and three founding members of ‘The Hogs’, Jeff Bostic, Joe Jacoby and Mark May in the lawsuit.
The former players claims the NFL didn’t do enough to protect them from head injuries and concealed their long-term impact from players. The NFL has repeatedly denied those claims in public and in court filings.
Incoming search terms:
- clinton portis lawsuit
- clinton portis mark may bostic lawsuit
- darrell green concussion
- jeff bostic redskins awarded money for nfl concussions
- list of players involved in concussion lawsuit
- mark rypien gif