- Redskins Hire First Female Head Physician in NFL History
- Redskins Sign Last Draft Pick CB Kendall Fuller; Sign WR Jarvis Turner
- Redskins Release Training Camp Schedule; Will Begin July 28, 2016
- Redskins Rookie WR Josh Doctson Q & A Interview (VIDEO)
- Jordan Reed Named Number 77, “NFL Top 100 of 2016” (VIDEO)
- Redskins Sign six of Seven Draft Picks
- Redskins Weekly News Roundup 5-10-2016
- Welcome to DC – 2016 Redskins Draft Class (VIDEO)
- Redskins Select LB/Safety Su’a Cravens with 53rd Pick
- Redskins Select WR Josh Doctson with the 22nd Pick
Redskins Draft Phillip Thomas With the 119th Pick in the Fourth Round
- Updated: April 27, 2013
The Washington Redskins used their first pick of the third day (119th overall) on safety Phillip Thomas from Fresno State.
Thomas was quoted just a few days ago saying he had already played in a the same exact system the Redskins use at Fresno.
Phillip Thomas is 6-0 1/2, 208 lbs and runs the 40 in 4.65. He had 84 tackles last year, 12 for loss and 4 sacks with 8 interceptions (led FBS) and returned 3 for touchdowns. Thomas will have a good shot at stating this year for the Redskins who have issues at free safety with Tanard Jackson’s situation still unknown at this point.
Athletic, physical defender. Strong tackler with good length and the attitude to throw down ballcarrier. Breaks down well when approaching ballcarriers in space, has quick feet and agility to make the stop.
Thomas is quick enough to stay with tight ends and some receivers in coverage, can undercut to knock away or pick off late throws.
He has nice ball skills to extend away from his frame to make the moderate-to-difficult interception. Sticks his nose in against the run when making that read, fills a hole, flows through traffic to find the ball, or adds himself into piles with reckless abandon. Comes downhill from two-deep look with speed.
Adept blitzer off the edge, makes ballcarrier pay in the backfield if not accounted for.
Incoming search terms:
- 119th pick nfl draft