- Redskins QB Kirk Cousins Will Play Another Season on the Franchise Tag
- Washington Redskins Showcase Security & Menu Changes at 2017 Taste of FedexField
- Redskins WR Terrelle Pryor is Working Like a Mad-Man This Offseason (Video)
- DeAngelo Hall Agrees to Restructure Contract With Washington Redskins
- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
Redskins Draft Phillip Thomas With the 119th Pick in the Fourth Round
- Updated: April 27, 2013
The Washington Redskins used their first pick of the third day (119th overall) on safety Phillip Thomas from Fresno State.
Thomas was quoted just a few days ago saying he had already played in a the same exact system the Redskins use at Fresno.
Phillip Thomas is 6-0 1/2, 208 lbs and runs the 40 in 4.65. He had 84 tackles last year, 12 for loss and 4 sacks with 8 interceptions (led FBS) and returned 3 for touchdowns. Thomas will have a good shot at stating this year for the Redskins who have issues at free safety with Tanard Jackson’s situation still unknown at this point.
Athletic, physical defender. Strong tackler with good length and the attitude to throw down ballcarrier. Breaks down well when approaching ballcarriers in space, has quick feet and agility to make the stop.
Thomas is quick enough to stay with tight ends and some receivers in coverage, can undercut to knock away or pick off late throws.
He has nice ball skills to extend away from his frame to make the moderate-to-difficult interception. Sticks his nose in against the run when making that read, fills a hole, flows through traffic to find the ball, or adds himself into piles with reckless abandon. Comes downhill from two-deep look with speed.
Adept blitzer off the edge, makes ballcarrier pay in the backfield if not accounted for.
Incoming search terms:
- 119th pick nfl draft