- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Jaguars Preseason Week 4
- Jeff Bostic & Monte Coleman Will be Inducted Into Redskins Ring Of Fame
- Notes & Observations From Redskins vs Ravens 8-29-2015
- Redskins Cut 15 Players to Get Down to 75
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Ravens Preseason Week 3
- Redskins Guard Dick Stanfel Named Finalist For Pro Football HOF
- State of The Redskins Heading Into Preseason Week 3
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Lions Preseason Week 2
- Niles Paul Dislocates Ankle
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Browns Preseason Week 1
Redskins Draft WR Ryan Grant With the 142nd Pick (2014 NFL Draft)
- Updated: May 10, 2014
Redskins Draft WR Ryan Grant
The Washington Redskins used their fifth round pick (142nd overall) to draft Tulane wide receiver Ryan Grant. Grant (6-0, 199 lbs) has a tremendous set of hands, but lacks top end speed and size. I’m a bit surprised with this pick seeing as the Redskins have several options already at wide out currently on the roster including two they signed in free agency (DeSean Jackson and Andre Roberts)> But, I also believe this will be Leonard Hankerson’s last year in DC and there are no guarantees about Santana Moss or Aldrick Robinson making the team either so this could be a diamond in the rough. One thing is for sure, competition at receiver will be at a premium in camp this summer.
Derek Stephens of cbssports had this to say about Grant: Grant could be a surprise early-contributor for the Redskins, as a fluid, clean-route runner with soft hands and underrated speed, despite lacking prototypical size.
Below is some game tape on Grant: