- Washington Redskins 2014 Video Promo: “Why Not Us”
- Ten Most Important Washington Redskins of 2014
- Forbes ‘Value List’ Ranks the Redskins 9th Most Valuable in the World
- Five Bold Predictions for the 2014 Washington Redskins
- Ryan Kerrigan: I Want to be Consistently Really, Really Good”
- Tanard Jackson Suspended Indefinitely…Again
- Sean McVay on RGIII: “He Looks Explosive”
- Around the NFC East: Media Links Roundup
- Just What Does DeSean Jackson Bring to the Redskins Offense?
- The Washington Redskins and a Manufactured Fight Over Honor and Racism
Redskins Draft WR Ryan Grant With the 142nd Pick (2014 NFL Draft)
- Updated: May 10, 2014
Redskins Draft WR Ryan Grant
The Washington Redskins used their fifth round pick (142nd overall) to draft Tulane wide receiver Ryan Grant. Grant (6-0, 199 lbs) has a tremendous set of hands, but lacks top end speed and size. I’m a bit surprised with this pick seeing as the Redskins have several options already at wide out currently on the roster including two they signed in free agency (DeSean Jackson and Andre Roberts)> But, I also believe this will be Leonard Hankerson’s last year in DC and there are no guarantees about Santana Moss or Aldrick Robinson making the team either so this could be a diamond in the rough. One thing is for sure, competition at receiver will be at a premium in camp this summer.
Derek Stephens of cbssports had this to say about Grant: Grant could be a surprise early-contributor for the Redskins, as a fluid, clean-route runner with soft hands and underrated speed, despite lacking prototypical size.
Below is some game tape on Grant:
Incoming search terms:
- ryan grant agents 2014 nfl mock draft