- Interview With New Redskins Defensive Coordinator Joe Barry (VIDEO)
- State of the Redskins Roster: Who Stays, Who Goes?
- Washington Redskins Free Agents 2015
- Redskins, Jim Haslett Mutually Agree to Part Ways
- Redskins Opponents Set for 2015
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 17
- Redskins Place Trent Murphy on IR, Sign OL Rishaw Johnson
- Redskins Inactive List for Week 16
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 16
- Redskins Press Conferences: Robert Griffin III 12-16-2014
Vote for Your Redskins Players who are up for Rookie of the Year
- Updated: January 5, 2013
For the first time in recent NFL memory, the Washington Redskins have two candidates out of the 5 total this year for rookie of the year. Quarterback Robert Griffin III and running back Alfred Morris both are up for the rookie honor.
Robert Griffin III finished the regular season throwing for 3,200 yards, 20 touchdowns and a 102.4 passer rating. He also rushed for seven touchdowns and 815 yards, breaking the previous record held by Cam Newton (2011) of the Carolina Panthers for most rushing yards by a rookie quarterback in NFL history.
Griffin, who was selected to the 2013 Pro Bowl, also became the first player in NFL history with at least four 60+ yard touchdown passes and a 60+ yard rushing touchdown in a season. In Week 11, Griffin’s 158.3 passer rating became the highest mark (min.15 attempts) by a rookie quarterback. Griffin was nominated for Pepsi MAX NFL Rookie of the Week seven times, winning six times.
Alfred Morris led all rookie running backs in yardage. He finished the season with 1,613 yards, second-most in the NFL among all running backs and third-most all-time by a rookie behind Eric Dickerson (1,808) and George Rogers (1,674).
Morris also accounted for 13 touchdowns helping push the Redskins into the playoffs for the first time since 2007. He was nominated for Pepsi MAX NFL Rookie of the Week five times, winning three times.
The other candidates this year are QB Andrew Luck from the Indianapolis Colts, RB Doug Martin from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and QB Russell Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks.
Fans can vote for rookie of the year on www.nfl.com/rookies through 9:00 PM EST on Tuesday, January 29. The winner will be announced February 2, 9-11 p.m. EST on CBS.
Fans can vote by clicking HERE! You can vote as many times as you want to, make sure to share your vote on whatever social site you regular so that your friends will vote as well.