- Decision on if RGIII Will Start Monday or be Inactive Coming Soon
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden & Colt McCoy 10-22-2014
- Keenan Robinson Named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
- Redskins Sign Everette Brown; Place Brian Orakpo on Injured Reserve
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 10-20-2014
- Brian Orakpo has Torn Pectoral Muscle, Out for the Season
- Redskins Notes & Quotes 10-20-2014
- Concern Grows on Brian Orakpo’s Pectoral Muscle Injury, MRI set for Monday
- Colt McCoy Replaces Kirk Cousins, Sparks Redskins win Over Titans
- Redskins Inactive List for Week 7
Redskins Free Agency Moves Finally Begin
- Updated: March 10, 2013
Saturday proved to be the day that the Washington Redskins would start the inevitable task that is re-signing their own players.
Tight end Logan Paulsen signed a new deal, 3 years, $4.1 million, $1 million signing bonus, as did fullback Darrel Young, 3 years, up to $6.2 million, $1 million signing bonus. Rob Jackson also got in on the action as he signed a one year deal, the terms of which are unknown.
Late last night, another Redskins player got himself a new 5 year deal (terms unknown as of yet), Kory Lichtensteiger.
Just wanted to let Redskin Nation know I am going to be around for a while. Just agreed to terms on a deal!! HTTR
— Kory Lichtensteiger (@Steiger78) March 10, 2013
Interesting enough, Paulsen spoke about the fact that Redskins officials told him that Fred Davis would be brought back to be the starting tight end this year. No news as of yet on if Davis has signed a new deal or not.
The Redskins are pursuing a deal with free agent offensive tackle Tony Pashos as well, although no finalized deal has happened as of yet.
Pashos has played eight NFL seasons for four teams, including the Ravens from 2004-06. He most recently played in Cleveland, where he was the Browns’ starting right tackle in 2010 and 2011.
Pashos sat out last season while recovering from surgery to repair a ruptured tendon in his left foot. The 32-year-old appeared in only 23 games from 2009-11 because of injury.
Rumors have been swirling about DeAngelo Hall possibly being cut or restructured, but nothing official has happened in regards to Hall.
Updated : 3-11-2013
The Redskins re-signed long snapper Nick Sundberg—>read the story by clicking HERE