- Redskins Sign Former Colts Linebacker Chris Carter
- Redskins Clear cap Space by Releasing Ricky Jean Francois
- Terrelle Pryor is Focused on Opportunity to Prove Himself With Redskins
- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
- Redskins Announce Coaching Staff Changes
Roy Helu Nearing Return To Action
- Updated: May 28, 2013
Redskins runningback Roy Helu expects to be ready for the start of training camp after undergoing a procedure to clean up cartilage in his left foot in February.
The running back led the Redskins in rushing as a rookie in 2011 but only played in the first two games last season because of a variety of foot/leg injuries. His foot never healed, and when a variety of examinations failed to show the cause of the lingering pain, Helu underwent surgery to discover the cause of the problem.
“It slowed the process because now I have to recover from surgery late,” Helu told beat reporter Zac Boyer. “I couldn’t get any better.”
The Redskins chose two running backs in the draft last month – Florida State’s Chris Thompson and Rutgers’ Jawan Jamison. Helu said he wasn’t surprised to see the team do that.
“I can’t control that, and I can’t blame them,” he said. “I got into the procedure late, so you’ve got to plan [for the future]. I don’t blame our organization at all.”