- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cardinals Week 13
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Cowboys Week 12
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Packers Week 11
- Redskins Legend Joe Jacoby Named Semifinalist for Hall of Fame
- Redskins Rookie WR Maurice Harris Ready to Contribute
- Redskins Press Conferences: Kirk Cousins 11-16-2016
- Redskins Sign Dashaun Phillips to Practice Squad; Release Carlos Fields
- Kirk Cousins Most Recent Career Milestone Ranks High in Redskins History
- Redskins Press Conferences: Kirk Cousins 11-13-2016
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Vikings Week 10
Roy Helu Nearing Return To Action
- Updated: May 28, 2013
Redskins runningback Roy Helu expects to be ready for the start of training camp after undergoing a procedure to clean up cartilage in his left foot in February.
The running back led the Redskins in rushing as a rookie in 2011 but only played in the first two games last season because of a variety of foot/leg injuries. His foot never healed, and when a variety of examinations failed to show the cause of the lingering pain, Helu underwent surgery to discover the cause of the problem.
“It slowed the process because now I have to recover from surgery late,” Helu told beat reporter Zac Boyer. “I couldn’t get any better.”
The Redskins chose two running backs in the draft last month – Florida State’s Chris Thompson and Rutgers’ Jawan Jamison. Helu said he wasn’t surprised to see the team do that.
“I can’t control that, and I can’t blame them,” he said. “I got into the procedure late, so you’ve got to plan [for the future]. I don’t blame our organization at all.”