- Redskins Post Game Presser: Kirk Cousins & DeSean Jackson 9-21-2014
- Redskins Post Game Presser: Jay Gruden 9-21-2014
- DeAngelo Hall Injures Achilles Tendon
- Redskins Injury Report Week 3
- Doug Williams Appears on CSN’s “Table Manners” Show (FULL VIDEO)
- Redskins vs Eagles Promo Videos – Week 3
- Phil Simms Says Redskins on Thursday Night Football, Weeks After Saying he Wouldn’t While Broadcasting
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 3
- Chris Paul’s Redskins Remix Week 3 – We Dem Skinz
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 9-18-2014 (VIDEO)
Five Years Later, a Fanbase Still Mourns the Death of Sean Taylor
- Updated: November 26, 2012
The morning of November 27,2007 was a surreal moment for many of the fans of the Washington Redskins as well as for the loving family of Sean Taylor. That morning we all woke to hear that Taylor, who had been shot the day before in what appeared to be a home invasion robbery gone wrong, had died. Looking beyond the fact that Sean was the best player the Redskins had on their roster at the time, he was also a pillar in the Redskins community and a loving father who had worked hard to change his life from the troubled past it had seen.
What is even worse is the fact that no one in Sean Taylor’s family has been allowed to have closure in this situation. The five young men who were arrested for the murder have yet to see trial as their case continues to be postponed over and over. As of right now, the five are set to go to court on April 5, 2013, some 5 and half years after they were arrested.
Redskins fans will forever remember a player who ascended to the top of the league in just three years as a feared free safety. Those same fans will remember the connection they felt with that young man and the pain of losing him at the age of twenty four as well. Five years later his fans still honor his memory daily, with Facebook pictures, posts and prayers of Sean. In a way, he has become a burgundy and gold angel for all of us to remember and a constant reminder of just how precious life is.
The Washington Redskins had a promotion this summer to name ten new former Redskins to their list of greatest all-time players, and Sean Taylor’s was at the top of that list (video below). Although he didn’t play long enough in the NFL to make the hall of fame, he will forever be enshrined into the hearts of Redskins fans worldwide.
RIP Sean Michael Maurice Taylor
April 1,1983 – November 27, 2007
Forever 21 —–>HAIL!!!
Incoming search terms:
- sean taylor