- Washington Redskins Announce 2017 Preseason Opponents
- Redskins Sign Former Colts Linebacker Chris Carter
- Redskins Clear cap Space by Releasing Ricky Jean Francois
- Terrelle Pryor is Focused on Opportunity to Prove Himself With Redskins
- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
Redskins Promote Nick Williams to Active Roster From Practice Squad
- Updated: November 11, 2013
On Friday the Washington Redskins announced they would be placing runningback/return man Chris Thompson on injured reserve. The Thompson move left an open roster spot on the Redskins 53-man roster.
Instead of signing someone off the street from the free-agent pool, Coach Shanahan and the Redskins will promote wide receiver Nick Williams from the practice squad to the active 53-man roster according to sources.
Redskins promoting WR/KR Nick Williams from practice squad to replace Chris Thompson on the 53 man roster, source says.
— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) November 12, 2013
The 5-9, 184-pound Williams was a kick and punt return specialist while at the University of Connecticut and went undrafted in June’s NFL draft but was one of the many undrafted players the Redskins brought in this past spring. Williams could give the Redskins a spark on the special teams, the team currently ranks 29th in punt returns and 31st in kickoff return yards. He left Connecticut with a school record 2,045 kickoff return yards and also tied for the school record with four punt return touchdowns.
Below is a video of Nick Williams returning a punt for a touchdown against Maryland.