- Rated R Radio: Episode 8 – Current State of The Redskins: Post-Case Keenum Trade (PODCAST)
- Rated R Radio: Episode 7 – Josh Rosen Trade Rumors at the Combine?; DK Metcalf is a BEAST!
- Rated R Radio: Episode 6 – AAF, Stadiums and Redskins Free Agency? Oh My…
- Rated R Radio: Episode 5 – 100% Doom & Gloom Free Redskins Talk
- Redskins Hire Ray Horton as New Defensive Backs Coach
- Rated R Radio: Episode 4 – Who Stays, Who Goes? (PODCAST)
Phil Simms Says Redskins on Thursday Night Football, Weeks After Saying he Wouldn’t While Broadcasting
- Updated: September 19, 2014
Phil Simms Says Redskins on Thursday Night Football
Weeks after saying he would not be saying the team name “Redskins” while broadcasting NFL games, Phil SImms said “Redskins” on air during Thursday’s Falcons vs Bucs game.
Simms is just another in a long, growing line of sports writers/personalities who have taken a PC approach to a team name they have openly said for most of their lives with no thoughts given. The funny thing here is the petition to have him removed from all Redskins games has caught national headlines now, and Simms caved.
It’s unknown if these “journalists/announcers” are just looking for attention or are trying to avoid being scrutinized by the rest of the media (their colleagues). But the like of Simms, Bob Costas, Peter King, Mike Wise, Chris Mortensen and others who won’t say the name, are just plain not doing their jobs. Their job is to report news, not to become the news.
In Simms’ case particularly, it shows extreme bias towards the Washington Redskins (his former rival in his playing days) and can not be tolerated.
You can sign the petition to have Simms removed from broadcasting any Redskins games by CLICKING HERE.
The clip of Simms saying Redskins twice is below: