- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 7-24-2014
- Redskins Press Conferences: Robert Griffin III 7-24-2014
- Washington Redskins Training Camp Drills 7-24-2014 (VIDEOS)
- Redskins Have Four Players Starting Camp on the PUP List Including Jason Hatcher
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 7-23-2014
- Washington Redskins Training Camp 2014: Players on the Bubble
- Washington Redskins 2014 Video Promo: “Why Not Us”
- Ten Most Important Washington Redskins of 2014
- Forbes ‘Value List’ Ranks the Redskins 9th Most Valuable in the World
- Five Bold Predictions for the 2014 Washington Redskins
Pierre Garcon Is Completely Recovered From Foot Injury
- Updated: September 4, 2013
Washington Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon said the toe that kept him out of 6 games and left him playing hurt much of the season has now fully healed.
Garcon will continue to experiment with different inserts to help support that second toe of his right foot, but he no longer is limited in any way.
“Foot’s good. Hundred percent,” Garcon said on Monday.
Last season he played portions of only three games in the first nine weeks after tearing ligaments in the toe week one against the Saints. Following the bye week Garcon returned after finding a way to play despite the foot injury, which made it impossible for him to sprint or change direction without pain. Garcon said early in the offseason that the toe was much improved, but still not completely better.
The Redskins had a 9-1 record in the regular season games in which he played. Garcon pulled in 44 catches for 633 yards and four touchdowns a season ago.
Although now pain free, Garcon said nothing will change about his goals or approach to the game.
“Same thing, nothing’s changed, really,” he said. “Still trying to make plays every time I touch the ball, trying to block downfield for my team, just move the ball downfield and score touchdowns, really. Always [excited], every time you get a chance to play football, really – especially in the NFL.”