- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Panthers Week 11
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Saints Week 10
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Bucs Week 7
- Jay Gruden Press Conference 10-16-2015
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Jets Week 6
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Falcons Week 5
- Redskins Could Play London Game in 2016
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 4
- NRG Energy Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 3
- Redskins Release CB David Amerson
Josh Wilson & Maurice Hurt Start Camp on Active PUP List, Jordan Bernstine Released
- Updated: July 25, 2013
The Washington Redskins added three names to their active physically unable to perform (PUP) list on Thursday morning.
Cornerback Josh Wilson, lineman Maurice Hurt and defensive end Adam Carriker were all placed on the active PUP list which means they are not allowed to participate at all in camp, but they are still active members of the roster.
Mo Hurt’s inability to practice should give first year free-agent acquisitions Jeremy Trueblood and Tony Pashos more opportunities at the backup role at right tackle since second year tackle Tom Compton has been in the backup left tackle role so far this offseason. Hurt is still recovering from surgery on his left knee in May.
Josh Wilson is still recovering from offseason labrum surgery on his left shoulder. Wilson being absent offers free agent pickup E.J. Biggers and rookie David Amerson a chance for more practice time and perhaps opens the possibility of a camp battle at cornerback.
Carriker is set to undergo a third surgery on his injured quad that he tore last year in the St. Louis Rams game. Jarvis Jenkins will get a chance to take first team reps while Adam is making his comeback.
In other news the Redskins released safeties Jordan Bernstine (who was still recovering from a nasty knee injury in week 1 last year) and Devin Holland. Releasing these two players opens up two spots on the Redskins active roster.
UPDATE 12:25 est
Josh Wilson tweets that he has been removed from the PUP list as of mid-day.
Well people i enjoyed my time on PUP, now time to get back to the action #clearedforaction
— Josh Wilson (@TheJoshWilson) July 25, 2013