- Daily Recap: Supreme Court Hears Case Similar to Redskins Trademark; Could Leonard Fournette Slip to the ‘Skins at 17?
- 3 of 4 Redskins Selected to Pro Bowl Will Not Attend
- Daily Recap: Redskins Not Locked Into 3-4 Scheme In Coaching Search; Ultimate Fan Letter Pushes for Jacoby Enshrinement
- Ryan Kerrigan & Trent Williams Named To All-NFC Team By PFWA
- Daily Recap: Redskins Scouting Departments Well Represented at First Shrine Practice; New Names Added To Defensive Coach Search
- Redskins Will Look At In-House Options to Replace Sean McVay
- Proposal for RFK Stadium Campus Includes Possible new Redskins Stadium
- DeAngelo Hall Wants One Last Chance With Redskins, Will Take Paycut
- Redskins Will Face Several Key Free Agent Decisions This Offseason
- Kyshoen Jarrett Speaks Out On His Journey a Year After Being Injured
Josh Wilson & Maurice Hurt Start Camp on Active PUP List, Jordan Bernstine Released
- Updated: July 25, 2013
The Washington Redskins added three names to their active physically unable to perform (PUP) list on Thursday morning.
Cornerback Josh Wilson, lineman Maurice Hurt and defensive end Adam Carriker were all placed on the active PUP list which means they are not allowed to participate at all in camp, but they are still active members of the roster.
Mo Hurt’s inability to practice should give first year free-agent acquisitions Jeremy Trueblood and Tony Pashos more opportunities at the backup role at right tackle since second year tackle Tom Compton has been in the backup left tackle role so far this offseason. Hurt is still recovering from surgery on his left knee in May.
Josh Wilson is still recovering from offseason labrum surgery on his left shoulder. Wilson being absent offers free agent pickup E.J. Biggers and rookie David Amerson a chance for more practice time and perhaps opens the possibility of a camp battle at cornerback.
Carriker is set to undergo a third surgery on his injured quad that he tore last year in the St. Louis Rams game. Jarvis Jenkins will get a chance to take first team reps while Adam is making his comeback.
In other news the Redskins released safeties Jordan Bernstine (who was still recovering from a nasty knee injury in week 1 last year) and Devin Holland. Releasing these two players opens up two spots on the Redskins active roster.
UPDATE 12:25 est
Josh Wilson tweets that he has been removed from the PUP list as of mid-day.
Well people i enjoyed my time on PUP, now time to get back to the action #clearedforaction
— Josh Wilson (@TheJoshWilson) July 25, 2013