- Rated Redskins Radio: Bruce Allen and Head Trainer Larry Hess Fired, Ron Rivera Hired
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Cowboys vs Redskins Week 17
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Giants Week 16
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 15
- Redskins Closing in on Top Five Draft Pick Status
- Derrius Guice Sprains MCL, Redskins Place him on Injured Reserve
Redskins guard Arie Kouandjio will miss 2018 season after surgery
- Updated: May 21, 2018
According to ESPN’s John Keim, Washington Redskins guard Arie Kouandjio will miss the entire 2018 season.
Redskins guard Arie Kouandjio will indeed miss the season, per multiple sources, after surgery to repair his torn quad muscle. There was some hope pre-surgery that his recovery time wouldn't be as long — though even then playing in 2018 was a longshot…. https://t.co/0NT8VXUXMt
— John Keim (@john_keim) May 21, 2018
Keim’s full post about Kouandjio went on to say the team would officially announce his move to the injured reserve tomorrow.
Kouandjio had surgery to repair his torn quadriceps muscle last week. Kouandjio is looking at a six to eight-month recovery time.
The injury comes as a significant shot in the arm to the Redskins who were leaning towards letting Kouandjio fight it out for the starting left guard position. The team re-signed last year’s opening day starter, Shawn Lauvao a few days before Kouandjio’s injury. The team already had question marks at the left guard position and is now left without any experienced depth at the spot.
[Featured Image via Andrew Weber/USA TODAY Sports]