- With Perry Riley not Signed The Redskins have 2 Glaring Holes at ILB
- Redskins Cut 5 Players Including Adam Carriker and Sav Rocca
- Redskins use Franchise tag on Brian Orakpo
- Trial Date Set for Other Suspect in Death of Sean Taylor
- Redskins Press Conferences: Jay Gruden 2014 NFL Combine
- Redskins re-sign DeAngelo Hall to Four-Year Deal
- Redskins Mock Draft: 2014 (1st Edition)
- Eric Rivera Sentenced to 57 Years in Prison for Killing Sean Taylor
- Redskins Coaching Staff Taking Shape
- Alfred Morris is Going to the Pro Bowl
Former Redskins Player and Coach Jack Pardee Passes Away at 76
- Updated: April 1, 2013
The Washington Redskins are sad to announce the passing of former player and coach Jack Pardee.
A statement from owner Daniel Snyder:
“In his time both on the field and on the sideline, Jack Pardee will forever be a part of the Washington Redskins’ legacy. He will be remembered not just as a linebacker for the 1972 NFC Champions, nor as just the coach for our franchise. He will be remembered as someone whose spirit truly embodied the values that we associate with the burgundy and gold. My thoughts–and the thoughts and well wishes of the entire Redskins family–are with the Pardee family this evening.”
Pardee’s family announced that he had gall bladder cancer that had spread to other organs and that he had six to nine months to live in November. Pardee was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1986. He survived a bout with melanoma when he was 28 and in the middle of his 15-year NFL playing career.
Pardee played three seasons of college ball at Texas A&M and was the 14th overall pick in the 1957 NFL draft by Los Angeles. He played for the Rams from 1957-64, sat out a year to deal with his melanoma, and played seven more seasons. He finished his playing career with the Washington Redskins in 1973. He coached in the World Football League for one season before moving on to NFL coaching. He was the Chicago Bears’ head coach from 1975-77 and coached the Redskins from 1978-80 with a career record of 24-24 with Washington.
Hail to John (Jack) Perry Pardee (April 19, 1936 — April 1, 2013)
Incoming search terms:
- what former washington resdskin player just passed away