- Washington Redskins Announce 2017 Preseason Opponents
- Redskins Sign Former Colts Linebacker Chris Carter
- Redskins Clear cap Space by Releasing Ricky Jean Francois
- Terrelle Pryor is Focused on Opportunity to Prove Himself With Redskins
- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
RG3: “I saw an Opportunity to fly, so I got out my Wings and Tried to fly” (GIF)
- Updated: November 3, 2013
RG3 Tries to Fly
With the score tied and facing a third-and-long, Robert Griffin III took off to the left. As choice may have it, he could have just played it safe and ran out of bounds. But in a move to get the first down, Griffin took to the air, got suplexed into the ground, and earned the Washington Redskins the first down.
“I just had to make a decision,” he said during his press conference. “A lot of people criticize me for some of that stuff all the time. I could have went out of bounds, and and we’d have been short of the first down. I saw an opportunity to fly, so I [got out] my wings and tried to fly. I hit the ground pretty hard.
“People, we really can’t fly,” he then told reporters. “Really. No matter how much we dream about it. But I just saw the opportunity. And at that point in the game I felt like we needed it, and that’s why I took it.”