- Redskins Set to Hire Kevin O’Connell as Team’s New Quarterback Coach
- Ryan Kerrigan Undergoes Elbow Surgery Faces 6-8 Week Recovery Time
- Daily Recap: Supreme Court Hears Case Similar to Redskins Trademark; Could Leonard Fournette Slip to the ‘Skins at 17?
- 3 of 4 Redskins Selected to Pro Bowl Will Not Attend
- Daily Recap: Redskins Not Locked Into 3-4 Scheme In Coaching Search; Ultimate Fan Letter Pushes for Jacoby Enshrinement
- Ryan Kerrigan & Trent Williams Named To All-NFC Team By PFWA
- Daily Recap: Redskins Scouting Departments Well Represented at First Shrine Practice; New Names Added To Defensive Coach Search
- Redskins Will Look At In-House Options to Replace Sean McVay
- Proposal for RFK Stadium Campus Includes Possible new Redskins Stadium
- DeAngelo Hall Wants One Last Chance With Redskins, Will Take Paycut
RG3: “I saw an Opportunity to fly, so I got out my Wings and Tried to fly” (GIF)
- Updated: November 3, 2013
RG3 Tries to Fly
With the score tied and facing a third-and-long, Robert Griffin III took off to the left. As choice may have it, he could have just played it safe and ran out of bounds. But in a move to get the first down, Griffin took to the air, got suplexed into the ground, and earned the Washington Redskins the first down.
“I just had to make a decision,” he said during his press conference. “A lot of people criticize me for some of that stuff all the time. I could have went out of bounds, and and we’d have been short of the first down. I saw an opportunity to fly, so I [got out] my wings and tried to fly. I hit the ground pretty hard.
“People, we really can’t fly,” he then told reporters. “Really. No matter how much we dream about it. But I just saw the opportunity. And at that point in the game I felt like we needed it, and that’s why I took it.”