- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Raiders Week 3
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Rams Week 2
- HTTR4LIFE Pre-Game Report – Redskins vs Eagles Week 1
- Redskins Injury Report: Jamison Crowder, two Others Limited in Practice 9-7-2017
- Redskins Trade TE Derek Carrier to the LA Rams
- Washington Redskins 2018 Madden Ratings
- Redskins LB Trent Murphy Will Miss the Entire 2017 Season With Torn ACL/MCL
- Redskins Injury Report: RB Keith Marshall Tore Right Patellar Tendon, Out for Season
- Washington Redskins Sign DB Jeremiah McKinnon, Release DB Lou Young III
- Redskins Training Camp 2017: Recap Day 1 (Videos)
RG3: “I saw an Opportunity to fly, so I got out my Wings and Tried to fly” (GIF)
- Updated: November 3, 2013
RG3 Tries to Fly
With the score tied and facing a third-and-long, Robert Griffin III took off to the left. As choice may have it, he could have just played it safe and ran out of bounds. But in a move to get the first down, Griffin took to the air, got suplexed into the ground, and earned the Washington Redskins the first down.
“I just had to make a decision,” he said during his press conference. “A lot of people criticize me for some of that stuff all the time. I could have went out of bounds, and and we’d have been short of the first down. I saw an opportunity to fly, so I [got out] my wings and tried to fly. I hit the ground pretty hard.
“People, we really can’t fly,” he then told reporters. “Really. No matter how much we dream about it. But I just saw the opportunity. And at that point in the game I felt like we needed it, and that’s why I took it.”