- Washington Redskins Announce 2017 Preseason Opponents
- Redskins Sign Former Colts Linebacker Chris Carter
- Redskins Clear cap Space by Releasing Ricky Jean Francois
- Terrelle Pryor is Focused on Opportunity to Prove Himself With Redskins
- Redskins Officially Hire New Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray
- Daily Recap: Redskins D-Line Needs Mesh Well With Strength of the Upcoming Draft; Montravius Adams To The Redskins at 17?
- Daily Recap: Only 2 Teams got Fewer Snaps From Their Rookies in 2016; Is Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham a Possibility at 17?
- Virginia Governor Claims New Redskins Stadium Can Be Built Without Taxpayer Dollars
- Redskins Injury Report: Gruden Gives Update on Josh Doctson, Jordan Reed and Su’a Cravens
- Daily Recap: Matt Cavanaugh Says “Don’t Expect Much to Change on Offense”; Could Ohio St Safety Malik Hooker Fall to Redskins?
Pierre Garcon: “Robert Griffin III not the Same With Knee Brace”
- Updated: September 18, 2013
There is no denying that Robert Griffin III hasn’t looked himself in the Redskins first two games despite putting up decent numbers. Receiver Pierre Garcon took it one step further telling ESPN 980 that there’s no way Griffin can be the same player as long as he’s wearing a knee brace.
“Robert obviously can’t run as fast as he did last year because of his knee brace and his knee, but it’s the same offense, to be honest with you. It’s nothing different. It hasn’t changed at all,” Garcon said.
A season ago Griffin kept opposing defenses on there heels by carrying the ball 120 times for 815 yards and seven touchdowns. Through two games Griffin has only nine carries for 25 yards and no touchdowns.
And although Garcon says the offense “hasn’t changed at all,” he does believe the brace on Griffin’s knee changes Griffin as a player.
“Well, when you’re walking around with a knee brace or playing with a knee brace, obviously it’s slowing you down a little bit,” Garcon said. “It’s just natural. It’s common. . . . I don’t know how much it weighs, exactly, but you always think about it when you have it on there, and it’s a constant reminder. It’s not gonna let you be the guy you are without the knee brace. When you have something around your knees – the more equipment you have on, it’s obviously distracting you or slowing you down from being as free as loose as yourself without any equipment on.”