- DeAngelo Hall Agrees to Restructure Contract With Washington Redskins
- Washington Redskins Training Camp Will Start on July 27
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons at Pick 230
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects WR Robert Davis at Pick 209
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects Center Chase Roullier at Pick 199
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects TE Jeremy Sprinkle at Pick 154
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects RB Samaje Perine at Pick 114
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects CB Fabian Moreau at Pick 81
- Redskins Draft 2017: Washington Selects LB Ryan Anderson at Pick 49
- Washington Redskins RB Matt Jones on Trading Block
Pierre Garcon: “Robert Griffin III not the Same With Knee Brace”
- Updated: September 18, 2013
There is no denying that Robert Griffin III hasn’t looked himself in the Redskins first two games despite putting up decent numbers. Receiver Pierre Garcon took it one step further telling ESPN 980 that there’s no way Griffin can be the same player as long as he’s wearing a knee brace.
“Robert obviously can’t run as fast as he did last year because of his knee brace and his knee, but it’s the same offense, to be honest with you. It’s nothing different. It hasn’t changed at all,” Garcon said.
A season ago Griffin kept opposing defenses on there heels by carrying the ball 120 times for 815 yards and seven touchdowns. Through two games Griffin has only nine carries for 25 yards and no touchdowns.
And although Garcon says the offense “hasn’t changed at all,” he does believe the brace on Griffin’s knee changes Griffin as a player.
“Well, when you’re walking around with a knee brace or playing with a knee brace, obviously it’s slowing you down a little bit,” Garcon said. “It’s just natural. It’s common. . . . I don’t know how much it weighs, exactly, but you always think about it when you have it on there, and it’s a constant reminder. It’s not gonna let you be the guy you are without the knee brace. When you have something around your knees – the more equipment you have on, it’s obviously distracting you or slowing you down from being as free as loose as yourself without any equipment on.”